Issues and challenges
The company’s ambition is to provide one global platform for guest Internet access and Siemens mobile users by consolidating numerous existing in-country specific solutions into one managed service. The aim is to reduce costs and simplify the handling of carrier management by working with a single global provider.
"As a globally operating company with subsidiaries and divisions all over the world, we need a reliable and flexible communications network that is a critical business enabler and can evolve with our growing business. We chose Orange Business Services because we see it as a prime partner with the ability to deliver a seamless worldwide solution for guest Internet coverage with the highest degree of scalability standards – especially to provide stable Internet access for 40,000 Siemens guests every month based on an attractive price-performance ratio.
"We were also impressed by the flexibility and service level Orange Business Services has been providing as a trusted partner to Siemens over the past several years."
Gülay Stelzmüllner, Head of IT Backend Infrastructure Services, Siemens AG
Improve global collaboration and drive innovation.
- Orange Internet-based access for 40,000 Siemens guests and home workers in 94 countries on five continents
- Management guest access orchestration by integration of business processes into Siemens joint ServiceNow platform
- Extension of the solution to 70,000 Siemens mobile users with capacity management
Orange Business Services is enabling Siemens to enhance global collaboration and accelerate innovation.
- Enhanced reliable and secure communication and collaboration capability to support this highly distributed, global organization
- Managed service integrated into existing SDN processes
- Major cost savings through simplification of carrier management and bundling the Siemens global buying power
Siemens is a global powerhouse positioned along the electrification value chain – from power generation, transmission and distribution to smart grid solutions and the efficient application of electrical energy. It is also heavily engaged in medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics.
- Founded in 1847
- Joint headquarters in Berlin and Munich
- Operations all over the world
- 377,000 employees worldwide