Issues and challenges
Kerlink designs, sells and deploys comprehensive IoT connectivity solutions, from the connected objects to the business applications used to manage them. To handle the growing demand for this type of solution, the need to accelerate the company’s international development and the productivity and quality of service requirements, cloud technology had become essential.
As part of its international development strategy, Kerlink chose Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon's cloud platform, for its new cloud offering. With this technology, Kerlink can now offer its customers software-as-a-service cloud solutions in addition to on-premise solutions. Kerlink intends to remain cloud-agnostic (multi-cloud).
Orange Business Services provided advice and expertise to help Kerlink improve its knowledge about cloud infrastructure.
Kerlink had many challenges to overcome:
- Strengthening its position as the global supplier of comprehensive Internet of Things (IoT) network solutions
- Improving its responsiveness to deploy new IoT projects
- Addressing its customers’ proximity and agility challenges in France and internationally
- Automating the deployment of Kerlink applications on AWS
- Improving its quality of service, including resilience and upscaling
- Freeing itself from its various existing infrastructure technologies
Jean-Christophe Caquet, Head of IT, Kerlink
Professional Cloud Expert Services: advice and expertise for industrializing the operations of the IoT platforms on Amazon Web Services – support from cloud experts qualified in multi-cloud solutions, including AWS
- Definition and specification of the architecture on AWS
- Training on tools and best practices
- Project support
- Implementation of DevOps and Cloud Native Application best practices
- Rapid international deployment, cloud-agnostic (multi-cloud) approach
- Guaranteed success of automated deployments
- Improved competitiveness and increased turnover
- Quick onboarding of AWS technologies and related tools
- Faster deployment of the Kerlink solution, including AWS IaaS resources, software installation and startup (20 minutes vs. one day) and improved customer satisfaction
Achieving cloud efficiency is not a do-once-and-forget-it process. Managing cloud costs against performance has become a huge challenge for enterprises, especially with the added complexity that multiple vendors in multicloud environments brings. Find out how you can balance performance, compliance and cost in our guide: Manage Multicloud Spending Effectively.