Optimising and reducing a vehicle’s total cost of ownership (TCO) is a critical challenge for all fleet managers. In collaboration with its partner Orange Business, PSA Peugeot Citroën will launch a fleet management solution in April covering the entire Peugeot and Citroën line-up.
This manufacturer-guaranteed solution is based on the use of an autonomous telematics box (ATB) connected to a vehicle’s controller area network (CAN) bus, allowing for automatic reports of precise, reliable data from the vehicle's on-board computers. Parameters monitored include exact kilometre readings, consumption, mechanical alerts and fuel levels. In addition, the solution offers real-time information on hours of use and geographic location.
These data can be used for a variety of purposes:
- Companies interested in preserving the environment can use data on exact fuel consumption to inform employees about how to reduce CO2 emissions through more responsible eco-driving techniques. The benefits include lower fuel costs and more adapted driving.
- Fleet managers can use each car’s exact kilometre reading to schedule vehicle maintenance and plan replacements more efficiently and effectively.
- Companies interested in this service can use geographic location data to optimise each vehicle’s routing and meet customer requests for the closest car in real time.
This new fleet management system is offered to all business customers, who can now order vehicles equipped with the system before delivery, thereby avoiding long and costly post-delivery installation. The dealer will deliver a new, already-connected vehicle.
The ATB can also be fitted on existing vehicles, for more comprehensive management of the entire fleet using the same parameters.
To receive the data collected by the system, PSA Peugeot Citroën invites its customers to subscribe to Fleet Performance, the fleet management and vehicle geolocation solution offered by its partner Orange Business. This solution is based primarily on a web portal, which allows an enterprise to remotely access the data of its fleet.
Customers have a choice of three service packs:
- Pack 1 - Fleet management: data on consumption, hours of use, preventive maintenance, mechanical alerts and fuel levels.
- Pack 2 - Pack 1 + Eco-driving: analysis of driving styles, comparisons among drivers within the same fleet and related recommendations for improvement.
- Pack 3 - Pack 2 + geographic location: fleet situation in real time, search for vehicles near a specific location and routing displays.
The new fleet management solution is provided by the Peugeot Connect Fleet Management and Citroën Connect Fleet Management services, which are available through the Peugeot and Citroën networks, respectively.