Zumtobel, headquartered in Austria, is the European leader in professional lighting, delivering complete professional indoor and outdoor lighting solutions, luminaries and lighting management and components. It has 3,200 employees, 22 production sites on four continents, sales operations in 70+ countries and in FY 2009/10 achieved revenues €1,117.3M.
The company considers IT an enabler that can create competitive advantage, particularly by ensuring the availability of real-time information to aid business decision-making. In addition, IT can actively support business growth in both existing and emerging markets.
However, the network has to be fit-for-purpose, and a strategic review identified key challenges, including the need for increased flexibility, better utilization of the WAN, ability to deploy global collaboration solutions, third-party data center consolidation and virtualization and resolution of on-going application performance issues.
It was clear that a new approach was needed to support the changing demands of the company, enhance the user experience and, at the same time, reduce the cost of bandwidth that was doubling every two years.
Tom Brady, Chief Information Officer, Zumtobel Group
Reduce costs while increasing network flexibility and capability to support users worldwide.
- WAN application performance optimization strategy
- Enterprise Application Management solution
- Server virtualization platform to enable third-party consolidation and improve application availability
- Global partner management: Riverbed
The integrated solution is delivering significant benefits to Zumtobel as it builds its business in both existing and emerging markets worldwide.
- Improved application performance enabling greater staff productivity
- Reduced bandwidth costs
- Cost savings through server virtualization
- Savings used to deploy unified communications and collaboration solutions
- Cuts time and money spent on supplier management
- Major savings: bandwidth, server virtualization, supplier management
- Improved global communication and collaboration
- Enhanced user experience
- Increased business productivity