Topaz is a leading offshore support vessel (“OSV”) company, with a fleet of 110+ vessels providing marine solutions to the global energy industry. Operating primarily in the Caspian, Middle East and West Africa, it also has Subsea operations in the North Sea and Gulf of Mexico. The company’s headquarters is in Dubai, it employs around 1,700 people and offers services such as anchor handling, platform supply, emergency recovery and response, and crew transfer to offshore oil and gas companies including BP, Total, Maersk Oil and Saudi Aramco.
The company vision incorporates the use of technology to gain a competitive edge and deliver enhanced services to its customers, while building its reputation as a business that people want to work for. Satellite communication is a vital part of supporting crews and ensuring efficient vessel management. Topaz identified that the company’s legacy multi-vendor solution was unable to deliver the high-quality voice service and application performance control they required. A decision was made to source a single partner who could deliver global communications for all its shipping operations worldwide.
René Kofod-Olsen, Chief Executive Officer, Topaz Energy and Marine
Drive digital transformation and enhance vessel management and crew welfare.
- Orange Maritime Connect for 39 vessels and rising to 110+ vessels
- Full access to enterprise applications: voice, video, data, Internet and ship-to-shore communication using VSAT, L-Band, 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
- Unique stabilized antennas
- Security suite: firewall, URL filtering
- Riverbed Application Performance Management
- Single contract on a “pay-as-you-go” cost model
- Program management
Orange Business Services is enabling Topaz to improve its ship-to-shore communication capabilities and enhance vessel operational performance.
- Secure, reliable global network for “offices at sea” – even in poor weather
- Enhanced crew support including audio conferencing and telemedicine
- Single network provider
- On-board and remote access to business-critical applications worldwide
- Better on-board end-user experience and ship management
- Business intelligence dashboards for monitoring fuel, speed and maintenance
- Lower, predictable costs