SIA is a European leader in the design, creation and management of technology infrastructures and services for financial and central institutions, corporates and public administration bodies, in the areas of payments, e-money, network services and capital markets. With headquarters located in Milan, Italy, SIA has 1,450+ employees working in a network of seven companies that operate in over 40 countries. In 2013, it managed 2.7 billion card payments and 2.2 billion credit transfers and collections, 28.6 billion trading and post-trading transactions and carried 293.3 terabytes of data on its certified network.
SIA was looking to grow its payment processing services to banks and merchants by simplifying communication via an increasing number of remote/mobile point-of-sale (POS) terminals. The payment traffic generated by the wireless POS terminals would need to be delivered securely and reliably to the authorization systems of banks, terminal operators and other acquirers.
Andrea Galeazzi, Network Services Division Director, SIA
Build a partnership to enable banks and merchants across Europe and beyond to securely manage payments via mobile/remote POS terminals.
- Orange M2M solution across 30 countries, including Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sudan and New Zealand, with tens of thousands of SIM M2M
- Orange mobile point-of-sale (POS) terminal M2M solution with global roaming connectivity services
- Dedicated access point name (APN), which collects SIM traffic and forwards it to SIA data centers via the Orange MPLS network
- Web-based M2M portal to manage a target 60,000 terminals
- Program and partner management – Mobistar
Orange has enabled SIA to take a significant step forward in the creation of a single operating network at a European level to simplify payment communication between merchants and banks.
- Improved network availability, flexibility and resiliency
- Easier communication between banks and merchants
- Functionality across all types of connectivity and all locations
- Real-time operational visibility and control
- Increased capacity and capability
- Reliable and fully-redundant integrated M2M and network solution
- Compliance with financial services sector connectivity security regulations
- Full SIM performance statistics and reports
- Increased geographical coverage
- Simplified transaction process
- Enhanced security
- Real-time visibility and management control