Ontex is a leading global producer of disposable personal hygiene solutions. From its new headquarters in Belgium, the company has over 4,200 employees with 12 manufacturing facilities.
Rapid growth had produced a series of challenges and, combined with the move to a new headquarters location, prompted a renewed focus on employee productivity. A set of initiatives around upgrading workplaces, flexibility in working from home and hours worked needed to be supported by enhanced communications technology. At its heart, the focus was on better enabling collaboration and teamwork across the international group to continue delivering high-quality customer service.
Jurgen de Wolf, Group ICT Operations Manager, Ontex
Support employee communication in order to enhance productivity, cut costs and meet customer service requirements.
- Orange Business Together on the Microsoft Lync platform – a global unified communications solution
- 1,100+ users across 25 sites in 10 countries: Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Turkey and UK
- Managed, pay-per-user solution hosted in Orange data center
- Orange WAN services
- Project and partner management – Microsoft
Orange delivered a unified communications solution to support new working practices throughout Ontex’s global operations.
- Communication via IM, presence, web conferencing
- Enhanced international collaboration
- Faster knowledge transfer
- No capex; all “pay-by-user” opex
- Reduced travel for time and cost savings
- Cost visibility, facilitating financial planning
- Improved flexibility of home working and hours worked
- Better work/life balance
- Enhanced customer service
- Greater employee retention
- Simplified management
- Enhanced business agility
- Reduced costs