JTI is a leading international tobacco manufacturer with about 26,000 employees operating in over 120 countries worldwide. The company has nine global flagship brands: Winston, Mevius, Camel, Benson & Hedges, Silk Cut, Sobranie, Glamour, LD and Natural American Spirit.
In such a large, highly-distributed organization, international collaboration is a major challenge. JTI had identified that communication was suffering due to legacy technology silos and a historic fragmented approach to collaboration tools. There was an urgent need to streamline operations by moving to a unified strategy and solution and, in the process, reduce costs and enhance the service to end users.
Guilain Rogg, Global Technical Center VP, JTI
Improve global communication capabilities to increase collaboration among employees, partners and customers and lower operating costs.
- Orange managed Unified Communications service in 40 countries on Microsoft Lync 2013 hosted in Orange data centers and migration to Skype for Business
- 20,000 users: IM, presence, Web Conference
- 12,000 users: Lync Enterprise Voice, desktop video services and videoconferencing
- 3,000 users: Lync-enabled mobile devices, tablets and smartphones
- Dedicated Lync audio conferencing service, including Call Collect network in 51 countries
- Orange Managed Contact Center solution based on Genesys technology
The Orange Unified Communications solution has enabled JTI to increase global collaboration.
- Mobile workers enjoy the same high-quality UC experience on any device at any location
- Unified communications supports better and faster decision making
- Unified workspace enables easy collaboration between employees, partners and customers
- Reduced costs
- Simplified management via a single global provider
- Increased security