Banvit A.S., headquartered in Bandirma, Turkey, has 2,600 employees operating from 36 offices in Turkey and four in Romania and is growing internationally. The company is the regional market leader with a strong reputation for innovation in poultry production, animal feed, eggs, processed and prepared chicken, turkey, veal and red meat products for consumers and the restaurant industry.
Over many years, a complex and distributed server environment had developed throughout the company, and Banvit’s rapid growth had led to unplanned and inconsistent network investments and a mix of access mechanisms. These factors were causing performance and governance issues.
Additionally, the IT department found itself with no visibility on network application performance, high costs, poor end-user experience and with potential risks to network performance and availability. Banvit decided to assess the situation and develop a strategy and roadmap that would support its business objectives. The challenge was to identify a partner with the skills and experience to handle this major, complex project.
Timur Karaman, Vice President IT Manager, Banvit A.S.
Develop a network and business-critical application strategy that increases performance and manages costs.
- Three-year IT strategy and roadmap to support business objectives
- Three assessment work streams: network, application performance and server virtualization
- Partner management: Ipanema (application optimization) and Neocles (server virtualization assessment)
- Network infrastructure and standards recommendation with rollout plan and budgets
- Program management
The three-year IT strategy has delivered significant benefits as well as a clear view of the way forward for Banvit A.S..
- Return on investment in less than 11 months
- Identification of server virtualization options and risks/benefits of alternate routes
- Increased network resiliency, scalability and security
- Rollout plans and budgets based on corporate strategy
- Establishment of standards and budgets
- Full set of network documentation
- Identification of application performance issues and actions
- Rapid ROI
- Clear view of network development
- Improved application performance
- Enhanced user experience