Lloyd’s Register provides independent assurance to companies operating high-risk, capital-intensive assets in the energy and transportation market sectors. The Lloyd’s Register Group is a world leader in assessing business processes and products to internationally recognized standards. Using a combination of standards set by major independent bodies as well as those it has developed itself, it covers everything from design and new build to inservice operations and decommissioning – delivering complete lifecycle and risk management solutions.
With offices in 246 locations in 186 countries, Lloyd’s relies on its network for the rapid, secure movement of information and knowledge transfer to support its clients wherever they are. The Group’s experience and expertise is especially vital for operations in emerging markets, where infrastructure and asset management procedures are not always as robust as in developed countries.
Over time, Lloyd’s Register found itself undertaking the complex and timeconsuming task of managing contracts with over 70 local and regional network service providers. Clearly, the high cost and manpower inefficiencies of this arrangement needed to change, but the organization needed to find a service provider that was able to meet high performance service levels globally.
Atul Hindocha, CIO, Lloyd’s Register
Find a single service provider able to deliver a global network that included emerging markets around the world.
- Business VPN global WAN to 226 sites in 68 countries
- Network-Based Internet Gateway (NBIG) at five locations worldwide
- Application optimization via fully managed Riverbed Enterprise Application Management solution
- Full service management and implementation support from India and UK
Utilizing the Orange Business VPN global WAN, Lloyd’s Register now has a global network and service provider that is able to support its business worldwide.
- Single, standardized global network
- Single global provider
- Centralized management
- Controlled network management costs and reduced TCO
- Secure data transmission
- Enhanced end-user experience
- Maximum effectiveness and capability of global network infrastructure
- Ability of Lloyd’s team to focus on their business
- Reduced costs and TCO
- Single standardized network with consistent SLAs to 226 sites worldwide
- Single provider with centralized management
- Enhanced end-user experience through optimized applications