Founded in Togo in 1988, Ecobank Group now has over 23,000 employees working in 1,151 branches and offices across 32 Middle African countries and serving 9.4M customers. In 2011, the bank achieved revenues of US$1,196M. The Ecobank Group is a full service bank providing wholesale, retail, investment and transactional banking services to governments, financial institutions, multinationals, local companies, SMEs and individuals. It is the largest employer in the financial services industry in Middle Africa and has a greater presence in Africa than any other bank in the world.
Services are delivered by three customer-focused business segments – Corporate Bank, Domestic Bank and Ecobank Capital – all of which are supported by an integrated IT platform operated by eProcess, the group’s technology subsidiary.
Rapid growth had been supported through a patchwork of its own VSAT infrastructure and several terrestrial network providers. However, this arrangement was not providing the reliability and consistency of service that the bank needed to deliver high-quality service to its customers and to support its staff and highly distributed operations.
Tunji Alabi, CIO, Ecobank Group
Deploy a secure, standardized and seamless global network that is highly reliable, flexible and scalable with a lower TCO.
- Fully managed MPLS network
- Professional services
- Customer service management
- 24x7 monitoring
- Program management
Utilizing the Orange Business MPLS network has delivered significant benefits to Ecobank.
- Controlled network management costs
- Enhanced security
- Reduced TCO
- Rapid deployment of new applications
- Increased new customer services
- Increased and flexible capacity and scalability
- Extended geographical reach
- Infrastructure platform to support growth
- Single global provider
- Reduced costs and TCO
- Increased security for customers
- Capability to rapidly introduce new services
- Support for business continuity strategy