Careem is a leading tech start-up launched in 2012 in Dubai. It is currently valued at $1 billion and is the only tech unicorn in the Middle East. Careem identified a major opportunity in the region, as many adults there are unable to drive; for example, 50% of the adult population in Saudi Arabia are not qualified to drive. Careem offers a chauffeur-driven car service with an easy-to-use digital application and booking process. Their chauffeurs are referred to as “captains” to show respect and to reflect the quality of the drivers that Careem recruits.
The company is rolling out its service across the Middle East with high demand driving 30% month-on-month growth. Careem’s ICT structure needs to support the increasing number of captains– now over 150,000 – and 400 agents handling 10,000 calls a day in 80 cities across 13 countries.
Qasim Ahmed, Head of IT, Careem
Support call center agents and drivers to always deliver world-class customer service.
- Orange Business Talk, an IP voice network and digital call collection solution that includes local numbers
- Coverage – Gulf Cooperation Council plus Egypt and Jordan
- Guaranteed voice quality with SLAs
- Project management
The Orange Business Talk solution is enabling Careem to accelerate growth across the Middle East.
- Enhanced customer service using the Careem application for booking, tracking and payment
- Accelerated digital transformation
- Platform to support 400+ agents handling rapid business growth
- Faster revenue streams with service launch in new cities cut from three months to one day
- Reduced management costs and time with a single provider across the Middle East