I particularly liked this humoristic video from Cisco which deals with fears about the adoption of BYOD.
IT dept vs. nomadic workers
Here is the pitch : a paranoid Information System manager is facing mobile workers, who are connecting to several networks via new devices (tablets, smartphones…) and gorging themselves on bandwidth: videoconferencing, software as a service, and document sharing tools, etc.
Watch this video directly on Youtube
BYOD: tons of possibilities
For employees, the new workspace delivers flexibility and invites mobility:
- work on your accounting software from your iPad
- participate in a video conference from your smartphone
- collaborate on enterprise social networks, sharepoint etc.
objectives and issues for the IT department
For the IT department, challenges are linked to security and educating remote workers:
- apply the same smart functionalities for wired and wireless networks
- establish a unique security policy
- analyze the bandwidth use of the network users
is it so simple ?
So, Information System managers and remote workers, is it really so simple to establish a BYOD policy ?