There has been a lot written about how the digital transformation of business is changing where and how we work. I have some personal experience of this...working from a lot of different places, using various smartphones, tablets and my own trusty MacBook Air. For the last few weeks I have been working hard as program manager for the Orange workspace campaign which runs until the end of April. I'm sure that we all look for a little light relief when working in a team, but this is made more difficult when you're scattered around the world. Our core program team is spread across 13 time zones so we can't just go down to the pub together after work (the traditional British method of team building).
As well as using some of the tools that Orange provides (a lot of audio and video conferencing, secure file sharing, Lync, webex, enterprise social...) we also started sending selfies of our workspace that day. From these pictures, I found out a lot about where and how we all work. Here's one of my working environment that I sent (you can see my two Labradors taking over my personal workspace)
We thought it would be a great idea to see where and how our readers work by asking you to post a picture via one of our social sites. In return, we will publish the most interesting pictures so you can see how other use their digital workspace and enter a competition to win a Pebble Steel.
how to enter
Take a photo of your workspace or a photo of you in your workspace and provide a caption describing where the photo was taken and what work you do. Submit it to us during the Promotion Period either:
- Facebook: By posting it to your Facebook timeline as a public image with the hashtag #myworkspace4orange and the text “ I accept these Terms http://oran.ge/1p0Eneu “
- Twitter: By Tweeting us @orangebusiness with hashtag #myworkspace4orange and the text “ I accept these Terms http://oran.ge/1p0Eneu ”
- Google+ By posting it to your Google+ page as a public image with the hashtag #myworkspace4orange and the text “ I accept these Terms http://oran.ge/1p0Eneu ”
The competition runs until 11 April 2014 so get posting now!
Come back to the blog to see a selection of the latest and greatest pictures on this page.
Full terms and conditions below:
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The Competition is: to find the most inspiring photo of interesting use of technology in an interesting workspace location. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
2. The Promoter is: Orange Business Holdings UK Limited, Betjeman Place, 217 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4AA, United Kingdom.
3. The Prize is: one PEBBLE STEEL smart watch. There is one prize available and it is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value however the Promoter may replace the Prize with an alternative of equal or higher value.
4. The Promotion Period is: 00:01 GMT 26 March 2014 until the closing date at 23:59 GMT on 11th April 2014. The Promoter reserves to extend the closing date of the Promotion Period at any time prior to the closing date.
5. Eligibility: The Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over who has complied with these Terms & Conditions. Employees of the Promoter, their families and the Promoter’s agents may enter but are not eligible to win the Competition.
HOW TO ENTER
6. Take a photo of your workspace or a photo of you in your workspace and provide a caption describing where the photo was taken and what work you do. Submit it to us during the Promotion Period either:
Facebook: By posting it to your Facebook timeline as a public image with the hashtag #myworkspace4orange and the text “I accept these Terms http://oran.ge/1p0Eneu
Twitter: By Tweeting us @orangebusiness with hashtag #myworkspace4orange and the text “I accept these Terms http://oran.ge/1p0Eneu ”
Google+ By posting it to your Google+ page as a public image with the hashtag #myworkspace4orange and the text “I accept these Terms http://oran.ge/1p0Eneu ”
The photo, caption and your username and user profile image are collectively your “Submission”. By entering your Submission you agree to these Terms & Conditions and to the terms of the social media platform (being Facebook, Twitter or Google+) used to enter your Submission.
7. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt and the Promoter will not accept responsibility for loss or delay of entries through technical fault or entries that are incomplete. Your Facebook, Google+ and/or Twitter privacy settings must enable us to view your Submission in order for the Submission to be eligible.
8. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter and or Google and by entering this Competition you agree to release Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Google from any claims, as set out in paragraph 15. You may not promote or administer the Competition via your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts.
9. By entering the Competition you warrant, represent and undertake that your Submission shall:
(a) be wholly original and created in its entirety by you or that you shall have the right of the photographer (if any) and your employer to submit it (and you shall not falsely attribute or claim otherwise);
(b) not infringe the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any third party;
(c) not be offensive, insulting, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, indecent, objectionable, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate or unsuitable for public viewing or in any way disparaging of the Promoter or the Prize or any person affiliated with them; and
(d) not be in breach of confidence or in contravention of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other applicable data protection or privacy legislation;
(e) not contain content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity; and
(f) not contain content that depicts alcohol or tobacco.
10. Eligible Submissions (being Submissions which comply with all of these Terms & Conditions together with the terms and conditions of the relevant social media submission platform, being Facebook, Twitter and Google+) will be assessed by a panel of judges comprising 4 staff from the Promoter’s External Marketing Team who will select the 1 photo that in their opinion shows the most interesting use of technology in the most interesting workspace location. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter.
11. The Competition winner will be notified by 25th April 2014 using the email address or username which was supplied with his or her Submission. The name of the winner will also be announced on the following website: http://www.orange-business.com/en/blogs/. The Promoter will endeavour to deliver the Prize to the winner within 30 days’ of notification by the Promoter except that the Promoter will not be responsible for lost or delayed deliveries.
12. If the Promoter cannot contact the winner via the email address or username provided at the time of entry within a reasonable period of time, the Promoter shall reserve the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
13. Any failure on the part of the winner to meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms & Conditions may result in the winner forfeiting their entitlement to the Prize and you hereby acknowledge that in such circumstances, the Promoter shall reserve the right to offer the Prize to another entrant. The winner may be required to provide written acceptance of these Terms & Conditions before being awarded the Prize.
14. The winner consents to the publication of his or her Submission, full name and country of residence at http://www.orange-business.com/en/blogs/ and irrevocably grants permission to the Promoter and its agencies to use his/her photo, name, likeness, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Competition, without further compensation to participant or group, unless prohibited by law.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND TERMS
15. By entering the Submission, you hereby:
(i) release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter, Google and the Promoter and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action from you or any third party, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Competition and/or your Submission;
(ii) grant the Promoter, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries, successors, licensees and agents (all of the foregoing, the "Licensed Entities") a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, edit, adapt, reproduce, publish, modify, translate, display, communicate to the public, and perform your Submission, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law);
(iii) agree that in no event will you be entitled to, and you waive any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with (i) use of such Submission as permitted hereunder or (ii) the exploitation of any of the Licensed Entities' rights hereunder. You understand that the Promoter is relying upon the foregoing representations and warranties, grants of rights and licenses, and releases in permitting you to submit your Submission. You acknowledge that you may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein; and
(iv) acknowledge that the Promoter may not be able to remove or edit your Submission once it has been submitted.
17. All entry instructions and promotional materials for the Competition form part of these Terms & Conditions. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the Terms & Conditions, the Terms & Conditions shall prevail, govern and control.
18. In the event that you breach these Competition Terms & Conditions or act in an unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, you shall be automatically disqualified from the Competition and ineligible to win the Prize. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
19. Neither the Promoter nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to this Competition; fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or transactions which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify this Competition if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Competition as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
21. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty regarding the Competition and/or the nature or quality of the Prize and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. The Promoter (together with its affiliates, officers, directors, agents or employees) takes no responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any person participating in this Competition provided that nothing in these Competition Terms & Conditions shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused as a result of its negligence.
23. If any clause or part of a clause of these Competition Terms & Conditions is, or becomes, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then that clause or part of a clause shall be deemed to be deleted from these Competition Terms & Conditions. Any such deemed deletion shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of these Competition Terms & Conditions.
24. The Competition is organised under and is subject to English law. These Competition Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of these Competition Terms & Conditions.
With management roles in sales, marketing, and strategy I have over 30 years in IT and telecoms specializing in transformation projects.