Axel Haentjens, vice president, marketing and external communications at Orange Business, answered questions from Heather Clancy of ZDNet to provide insight to the company's green IT strategies.
How green is thy telecommunications carrier?
This question has been bouncing around in my head for the past couple of weeks, ever since I spoke with Orange Business, which was recently recognized by analyst firm Verdantix pretty high up on its matrix of sustainable telecommunications companies (sadly, the list is just specific to Europe): How green is your wireless carrier or broader telecommunications company?
read more http://www.zdnet.com/blog/green/how-green-is-thy-telecommunications-carrier/13369
more information on Axel Haentjens' thoughts and perspective on Green IT:
- Green IT, Server Virtualization and Mega Data Centers: back to the future ?
- "Green IT", or "IT for Green"?
- France: Is A Carbon Tax a Threat or Opportunity for Green IT?
- Green ICT focuses on fix to economic crisis
- Is the credit crunch a threat or opportunity for sustainable development?
- Is ICT a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy' in Sustainable Development?
Within the digital team of Orange Business, I lead content and special projects.