Wilmar is Asia’s leading agribusiness group. It works across the entire value chain of the agricultural commodity business, from cultivation, processing and merchandising to manufacturing a wide range of agricultural products, e.g., oils, fats and oleochemicals. The Wilmar Group, with headquarters in Singapore, has around 90,000 employees and over 500 manufacturing plants and distributes its products in 50+ countries.
Wilmar Europe Holdings B.V. (WEH) is the European division with its headquarters in Rotterdam and six offices and factories. WEH was looking to identify potential risks, in particular around its holdings of personal data, and assess its readiness for the GDPR regulation. WEH wanted to reduce risk and improve accountability by analyzing and classifying its data in accordance with Article 30 of the Regulation – recording of data processing activities, the purpose data was collected and categories of data.
WEH needed a solution to map personal data within its unstructured data in order to identify where data is located (ownership), identify ways in which it can be secured and optimize the data assessment process.
Viktoria van Doeland, Legal Counsel, Wilmar
Build a detailed map of all personal data held by Wilmar, and identify potential risks and the actions required to become GDPR compliant.
- Orange GDPR Data Assessment Service
- Orange Flexible Engine + Data Insight from Veritas on the Orange cloud platform
- Map flows of unstructured data and the identification of personal data using meta data
- Initial one month report on Pll data on the Europe network drives with findings, recommendations and updated documentation
Orange Business Services is enabling Wilmar to ensure that it is in the best position to meet GDPR data compliance regulations.
- Accelerate insight into unstructured data for policy development – locate, search, minimize, protect and monitor
- Knowledge base for a strategy to ensure better/compliant data management
- Minimization of personal data
- Practical, low-cost solution with full data security delivered on time – providing confidence to meet the new regulations