Issues and challenges
Transdev is an international public transport operator present in 20 countries with a turnover of 6.7 billion euros. The Group, which employs 82,000 people including 50,000 drivers, is harnessing digital technology to improve operational performance and offer new services.
Xavier Aymonod, Head of Innovation, Transdev
Transdev chose Orange Business Services as its innovation partner. The Group benefits from the operator's expertise and support at the right pace on various aspects:
- Project management with a co-innovation approach
- Content input thanks to access to all Orange Labs and expert advice
- Orange experience in technology, such as chatbots and flow analysis of urbanites, in order to improve the transport network
Expanded mobility offering
Support from Orange is enabling Transdev to move forward at the right pace to achieve its goals. Step by step, they are devising a range of innovative services to build an expanded mobility offering.
Redesigned public transport network
Transdev can more precisely monitor the flows of people in urban areas and thus improve its range of services. The Group is also now able to redesign its entire public transport network.
The integration of increasingly innovative services
Through its innovation partnership with Orange as well as the operator’s experience with chatbots, Transdev has been able to integrate these robots into its mobility applications. The Group is also working on the connected driver service and giving drivers access to a set of applications that enable them to perform their jobs more easily and digitally.
- The integration of chatbots into mobility applications
- Digital solutions that facilitate trials with driver-less cars and shuttles
- Connected drivers equipped with dedicated tablets and applications