Broadcom is a leading semiconductor device supplier to the wired, wireless, enterprise storage and industrial markets. The company has over 15,000 employees operating from 80 countries worldwide. It uses mergers and acquisitions to increase access and growth in new markets and has a philosophy of driving down costs in order to be competitive in a market with thin margins.
The flexibility and agility the business had in its early years is still seen as the best operating mode. Hence, every aspect of technology is reviewed from the perspective of whether it can support employees, accelerate go-to-market activity and cut costs.
Andy Nallappan, Chief Information Officer, Broadcom
Continue to be an agile business as it grows both internationally and in scale.
- Orange global network communications backbone for voice, data and video
- Common platform that supports multiple devices used by employees to access corporate applications
- Rapid integration of new sites onto the network
- Competitive, consistent pricing
- Program management
Orange Business Services has enabled the Broadcom digital transformation journey as it strives to retain the attributes that have made it a successful, rapidly growing international business.
- Employees can now work from anywhere with any device
- The business is more agile
- The solution supports new online collaboration tools
- Broadcom is able to depend on a secure, reliable global network with high performance and availability
- Increased productivity through rapid integration of new acquisitions
- Accelerated global knowledge transfer
- Faster response to changing market conditions
- Lower connectivity costs
- Predictable pricing, facilitating budget planning