ISG research recognizes Basefarm as a Nordic Leader in Public Cloud Solutions and Services
Date: November 2020
Lead author: Manoj Chandra Jha
Basefarm, an Orange Business Services subsidiary, announced that leading global technology research and advisory firm Information Services Group (ISG) has recognized the company as a "Leader" in: Managed Public Cloud Services for Midmarket and in Consulting and Transformational Services for Midmarket.
ISG recognizes Basefarm as a leading cloud managed-services provider in the Nordics, integrating major competencies related to digital transformation into one service offering. ISG also sees Basefarm being uniquely positioned with support and competencies of its parent company, Orange Business Services.
The key differentiator, according to ISG, is Basefarm’s unique delivery model that covers everything from idea to execution and offers strategic advisory and multicloud operations.
The following are among the Basefarm strengths cited in the report:
- Multicloud managed services firm Basefarm provides multicloud managed services with its tools and framework. Basefarm offers full-stack monitoring and management of multicloud workloads in a seamless manner. This enables clients to manage their heterogenous workloads in an integrated fashion
- Agile operation across hyperscalers: Basefarm also offers an agile cloud operation model that delivers cloud workload cost optimization. This operation model helps clients with vendor-agnostic, best-of-breed solutions for AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure in an integrated and automated fashion
- Large client base in the Nordics: Basefarm is now recognized for its best-of-breed product and service portfolio following its acquisition by Orange Business Services due to its large customer base in the hybrid cloud segment
Receiving a “Leader” award indicates a promising portfolio, including the required roadmap and an adequate focus on key market trends and customer requirements and an excellent management and understanding of the local market.
ISG Provider Lens
Public Cloud - Solutions & Services
Managed Public Cloud Services for Midmarket
Nordics 2020 Quadrant Report
*In August 2018, Basefarm was acquired by the Orange Group, a leading global telecommunications operator, to reinforce the cloud expertise of Orange Business Services, its enterprise division.
About Basefarm – an Orange Business Services subsidiary
Basefarm is a European Managed Service Provider of business-critical IT solutions. The company creates market leaders by integrating the key competencies for digital transformation – big data, cloud computing and information security, digital workspace – into one service offering. Our delivery model covers the entire spectrum from innovation through commissioning to continuous production, including strategy consulting, implementation projects and infrastructure operations with a common operating model regardless of the cloud platform chosen. Basefarm was established in Norway in 2000 where the company also provides data center services. A team of over 760 IT engineers and consultants services global clients from European offices and data centers in Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and Austria.
In August 2018, Basefarm was acquired by the Orange Group, a leading global telecommunications operator, to reinforce the cloud expertise of its enterprise division Orange Business Services.
ISG (Information Services Group) is a leading global technology research and advisory firm. A trusted business partner to more than 700 clients, including more than 70 of the top 100 enterprises in the world, ISG is committed to helping corporations, public sector organizations, and service and technology providers achieve operational excellence and faster growth. The firm specializes in digital transformation services, including automation, cloud and data analytics; sourcing advisory; managed governance and risk services; network carrier services; strategy and operations design; change management; market intelligence and technology research and analysis. Founded in 2006 and based in Stamford, Conn., ISG employs more than 1,300 digital-ready professionals operating in more than 20 countries—a global team known for its innovative thinking, market influence, deep industry and technology expertise, and world-class research and analytical capabilities based on the industry's most comprehensive marketplace data. For more information, visit www.isg-one.com.
About ISG Provider Lens™ Research
ISG Provider LensTM is a practitioner-led service provider comparison, empowered by ISG’s well-known advisory expertise and their data-driven research team. ISG Provider Lens research reports provide independent vendor evaluations and enterprise buying behavior segmentation. Service provider data, from either primary or secondary research, will translate into three different outputs. They are categorized as:
- ISG Provider Lens quadrant reports: ISG compares and positions service providers in a graphic presentation based on their service portfolio strength and market competitiveness. Based on their relative positioning, service providers are identified as leaders, challengers or contenders. These studies are conducted over multiple regions and for multiple service line topics in the IT, BPO and industry-specific domains.
- ISG Provider Lens archetype reports: ISG segments the prevalent enterprise buying behaviors for various domains or service lines. These buying behaviors or archetypes generally represent different enterprise preferences based on their maturity journey. These studies also highlight unique service providers best suited to serve each of these archetypes. The archetype studies are conducted at a global level.