Re-making the new hub of digital activity
Applications and services that deliver connection have become key to maintaining some normalcy during this global crisis. The pandemic has forced many people to assume new digital lives, where activities and events that were once regularly conducted face to face are now online. There is growing demand for digital, online, always-open and COVID-19-immune spaces. Many of these changes will endure long past the end of the pandemic.
In this webinar, we discuss:
- The transition to a more digital life due to the pandemic has led to a surge in remote activities such as videoconferencing, cloud gaming and online grocery shopping. These are all part of the shift toward a more digital life
- Increased bandwidth and data consumption across all aspects of home life have created new patterns of digital usage. The long-standing problem of the digital divide has moved to the forefront as Internet access has become an even more critical need
- Some form of telework will continue after the pandemic ends. Companies like Twitter and Square have unveiled plans for permanent work from home. Work is likely to become even more distributed in the future
- Household budget cuts will be necessary due to the economic fallout from the pandemic, but entertainment spending is often deemed essential in hard times
- The concept of the smart home may take on new meaning, with added emphasis on security and cost-efficiency
- The upheaval of COVID-19 may lead to the emergence of the sustainable consumer who looks to do more with less in a challenging economic climate
Senior Vice President, Digital Solutions for Business
The Next Normal series is produced by Orange Silicon Valley, the innovation division of the Orange Group that collaborates with startups, investors, entrepreneurs, and enterprises. Building on Orange’s 20+ years of immersion in Silicon Valley, the webinars will help executives at the Fortune 500 understand Silicon Valley’s impact on the global digital economy. We extend these webinars to Orange Business Services customers for complimentary thought leadership during the COVID-19 crisis. Orange Silicon Valley brings together corporations to access Silicon Valley innovation through the expertise, startup network and scalability of Orange Business Services through the xForce co-innovation program. Interested in learning more about xForce? Contact David Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org.