ISO 20000:2011 and ISAE 3402 standards recognize world-class service management
Orange Business is the first global ICT player to achieve both the new ISO 20000:2011 standard for Service Management, confirming its alignment with ITIL V3 2011, and the new International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) No. 3402, which replaces the Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 70 reports internationally.
ISO 20000 – Service Management – This certification was renewed for existing Orange entities, locations and services including new extensions to cloud computing services for our Flexible Computing platform in France and to our operations in Germany.
The 256 requirements for ISO 20000 certification are aligned with the refreshed ITIL v3 2011 processes related to ISO requirement categories such as Service Delivery, Relationship Processes, Resolution, Control and Release, and reinforced security requirements.
ISAE 3402, Type II Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization – In addition to its ISO 20000:2011 certification, Orange successfully passed an independent auditor examination on ISAE 3402 for its core IT and network services for key locations.
ISAE 3402 is the new global standard for assurance reporting on service organizations, which superseded SAS 70 for international engagements on June 15, 2011. Independent auditors performed stringent examinations over a 12-month testing period to validate the quality, reliability and integrity of the Orange operational processes and controls. With this audit report, customers of Orange Business can be assured that it meets the requirements of the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act and key security, change management and business continuity objectives related to the services provided.
“Achieving these global industry standards assures enterprises that our processes and managed services hold the highest marks in excellence,” said Dominique Espinasse, senior vice president, Customer Services and Operations, Orange Business. “This level of international certification proves that Orange has the necessary controls and safeguards in place to meet the managed services requirements of our customers.”
The existing ISO certifications for Orange Business have also been renewed. The current ISO and ISAE compliance coverage is summarized below:
- ISO 20000 – Service Management extended to Flexible Computing Premium in France and German operations. Renewals have been granted for existing core Network and IT services, Major Service Centers in France, Egypt and India, and for operations in Switzerland.
- ISO 27001 – Security Management for Orange Major Service Centers in Egypt and India, IT Services Operations in Rennes, France, and the Global Network Management Center in New Delhi.
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management for Orange Major Service Centers in France, Egypt and India and for operations in Germany and Switzerland.
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management for the Orange Business site in Rennes, France, underscoring our sustainable IT offerings, now extended to our Cairo MSC.
- ISAE 3402 Type II – Service Organization Assurance for Data Centers in Rennes, Paris (Chevilly, Rueil Malmaison); Northryde, Sydney; Chai Chee, Singapore; Park Royal, London; and Oak Hill, Va., U.S.; Major Service Centers in Cairo, Delhi and Rennes; and Network Centers in Paris and Rennes.
About Orange Business
Orange Business, the France Telecom-Orange branch dedicated to B2B services, is a leading global integrator of communications solutions for multinational corporations. With the world's largest, seamless network for voice and data, Orange Business reaches 220 countries and territories with local support in 166. Offering a comprehensive package of communication services covering cloud computing, enterprise mobility, M2M, security, unified communications, videoconferencing, and broadband, Orange Business delivers a best-in-class customer experience across a global landscape. Thousands of enterprise customers and 1.4 million mobile data users rely on an Orange Business international platform for communicating and conducting business. Orange Business is a four-time winner of Best Global Operator at the World Communication Awards. Learn more at www.orange-business.com
France Telecom-Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with 172,000 employees worldwide and sales of 45.3 billion euros in 2011. Orange is the Group's single brand for Internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the company operates. France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on Euronext Paris (compartment A) and on the New York Stock Exchange.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited, Orange France or France Telecom.