In Belgium, each main area of Government is called a Federal Public Service. The Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs in Belgium is a network of 132 embassies with 3,000 personnel. It represents Belgium internationally, defends its interests and provides services to Belgians abroad and foreigners traveling to Belgium.
Increasing use of mobile devices among senior officials had made mobile security a priority, especially as these devices are frequently targeted for information thefts. The challenge for the IT department was to give employees mobile access to Government resources, while preventing information and assets from falling into the wrong hands.
Jorg Leenaards, CIO, Belgium Federal Public Service
Utilize the opportunities that mobile devices offer in the workplace within a clearly defined security policy.
- Orange Mobile Device Management, initially for 500 devices worldwide
- Consultancy on best practice and defining policies for traffic control and security roles
- Integrated service based on the MobileIron platform, managed and hosted in the Orange cloud
- Program and partner management – MobileIron
Orange Mobile Device Management extends existing desktop and laptop security policies and is a key step in creating a secure mobile workspace as part of the digital transformation of the Ministry.
- Access to email, critical applications and data only available to devices that comply with corporate policies
- Flexible, scalable and future-proof solution
- Secure access for all smartphones and tablets (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Simplified processes via a single global provider
- Separation of different user groups with diverse functions
- Ongoing training for improved confidence in managing sensitive data
- Corporate-owned and personal devices, worldwide
- Reduced risks
- Secure mobile devices worldwide
- Enhanced end-user security awareness
- Support for corporate policies
The Federal Public Service for Foreign Affairs (FPS) represents Belgium internationally and provides services to its people and visitors
- Network of approximately 132 Embassies, Consulates and Representations abroad
- 3,000 personnel
- Its mission covers five main areas: a pivotal role in Belgian policy on the international stage; defender of Belgian interests; services for Belgians abroad and foreigners in Belgium; building block for a stable, peaceful world; Open House