APL Logistics is a global supply chain provider headquartered in Singapore with over 7,600 employees across 110 locations in 60 countries. The company designs and operates smart, globally-integrated supply chains, with a focus on air and ocean freight and specialist experience in Asia. APL Logistics combines origin and destination logistics solutions with transportation services across all modes and regions of the world.
To continue to compete effectively, APL Logistics has devised a plan for digital transformation to drive innovation in all areas of the business. Key drivers are the need for greater agility and scalability, the use of artificial intelligence and automation to reduce costs and the ability to provide customers with access to better data about the services they are using.
As part of its digital transformation, APL Logistics decided to source a provider with in-depth experience of digital transformation projects and the expertise to bring in the right resources and partners to deliver strategic, tangible benefits to its customers.
May Chew, CIO, APL Logistics
Accelerate digital transformation and IT capability to support the business in fast-moving, competitive global markets.
- Orange Managed VPN and Business Together as a Service (IP telephony)
- Messaging: Global Meet, Exchange and Skype for Business (6,000+ users)
- Dynatrace APM (Logistics Super Suite)
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Project and Partner Management: Riverbed, Dynatrace
Orange Business Services is enabling APL Logistics to accelerate the role of technology in supporting this rapidly growing business in a fiercely competitive global market.
- Better collaboration aids faster innovation to develop new services
- Enhanced connectivity and communications with customers
- Increased agility and scalability of IT to support the business
- Platform for future technologies
- Increased data analytics visibility for customers
- Improved productivity
- Lower costs