Orange Business Services is once again positioned as a Leader in 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed IoT Connectivity Services, Worldwide
Date: 24 March 2021
Authors: Pablo Arriandiaga, Eric Goodness, Leif-Olof Wallin, Jonathan Davenport
According to this Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed IoT Connectivity Services, Worldwide:
- "Managed IoT connectivity services help to reduce complexity when sourcing IoT connectivity across geographies with multiple IoT providers. I&O leaders building IoT-enabled businesses can use this document to assess vendors for multi-regional IoT connectivity and value-added services requirements"
- "Leaders invest in the future of IoT that includes a continuum of value from IoT edge devices to IoT platforms and related analytics"
- "Leaders perform skillfully and often exceed expectations"
- "Leaders have a clear vision of the market’s direction and develop competencies to maintain their leadership"
- "Leaders engage customers and provide value across multiple geographies. They shape the market, rather than follow it, and they often set the benchmark for market growth"
- "Leaders have the size and scale (for example, operations, sales and marketing, formal bid, and product management) to pursue large pan regional and multinational opportunities for IoT connectivity. They have established a robust and diverse ecosystem of technology alliances and service delivery partnerships spanning IT, OT and IoT to meet broad market requirements"
Orange Business Services has been once again positioned as Leader in this Gartner Magic Quadrant, making it the 4th consecutive time that the company’s performance, vision and ability to execute have been recognized.
EVP Smart Mobility Services, Orange Business Services
"IoT is enabling the digital transformation of our customers’ value chains. Connecting objects, people, workplaces, and processes is at the very heart of this transformation. Therefore, we are delighted and proud that Gartner has once again recognized Orange as a Leader in their 2021 Magic Quadrant for Managed IoT Connectivity Services, Worldwide.
"As a network native digital services company, Orange Business Services is uniquely positioned as an operator of global IoT connectivity and an integrator with experts covering the full spectrum of end to end IoT projects including security, data analytics and integration which we address in our chosen IoT verticals of Connected Cars & Products, Industry 4.0 and Smart Cities & Buildings.
"The arrival of 5G is the next catalyst for IoT, particularly in Industry 4.0. Orange Business Services offers 5G Mobile Private Networks for industrial campuses. Through co-innovation with our customers like Schneider Electric in France and with the Orange 5G Campus in the Port of Antwerp, we are testing the next industrial IoT use cases. 5G will transform processes and working methods in many verticals: one example is the increasing use of augmented reality to assist field technicians, another example is the security monitoring of critical assets (e.g. gas leak monitoring) thanks to ultra-reliable and low latency networks, to name but a few. We are just at the beginning of a long list of disruptive use cases that will both generate productivity gains for our customers and contribute to their positive environmental initiatives."
Customer use case
Orange Business Services has been selected by KDDI, a Japanese telecommunications service provider, to provide a customized IoT platform for Japanese automotive manufacturers Toyota and Mazda.
Mr. Ken Sakai, Managing Director of KDDI Europe, Ltd
The platform will allow the two manufacturers to offer connected car capabilities in their vehicles sold across Europe. This major partnership reinforces the Orange Business Services position as a pioneer in the IoT market. Read the full press release.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Managed IoT Connectivity Services, Worldwide, Pablo Arriandiaga, Eric Goodness, Leif-Olof Wallin, Jonathan Davenport, 24 March 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Orange Business Services.