Orange’s Business VPN Galerie securely connects enterprise VPNs to cloud services across three continents on the Equinix Cloud Exchange
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF. and PARIS, FRANCE — June 12, 2014 — Orange Business, a global communications solutions provider, has today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to join the Equinix Cloud Exchange, launched in April 2014. Orange Business plans to offer Business VPN Galerie, its managed cloud-ready network solution, to enterprises in selected International Business Exchanges™ (IBX®) data centers across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Orange Business’ objective is to support multinational companies’ cloud transformation on a global scale, facilitating highly secure access to major cloud application providers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds and multiple networks across Equinix’s global data center platform. By bringing together cloud service providers with enterprises and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives cloud users direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. Today businesses can join the Equinix Cloud Exchange in 13 markets globally – Silicon Valley, Washington D.C., New York, Toronto, Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Paris – with expansion planned to a total of 19 markets by the end of 2014.
- Business VPN Galerie from Orange Business Services is a managed cloud solution available to customers of its global network service Business VPN. By providing access from Business VPN to both Orange cloud capabilities and to partners’ cloud service platforms, Orange Business provides secure access to a wide variety of hosted applications and offers SLA-backed, end-to-end performance and management. Currently VPN Galerie provides more than 700 multinational customers with over 15,000 sites with access to a wide range of cloud vendors and application providers for infrastructure and software as a service. In addition to its current footprint of connected data centers, Orange Business plans to offer VPN Galerie service on the Equinix Cloud Exchange across three regions in the coming months, through this agreement.
- Orange Business’ Business VPN is a global network solution supporting IP telephony, video, cloud transformation, IPv6 migration and very high broadband. It is available in more than 180 countries, making it the largest MPLS-based VPN solution in the world.
- Didier Duriez, Senior Vice President Global Solutions and Services, Orange Business:
“By connecting Business VPN Galerie with Equinix’s Cloud Exchange, we are expanding our award-winning service to cover additional data centers and hosted application providers. This gives our customers the ability to choose from the best combination of cloud infrastructure, platform and software service providers to ensure they can put the best possible hybrid cloud solution in place to meet their individual business needs.”
- Ihab Tarazi, CTO, Equinix:
“By bringing together network and cloud service providers with cloud consumers, and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives enterprises secure, direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions. Furthermore, cloud services providers will also benefit from connectivity to Business VPN Galerie, which will enable delivery of Orange Business’ applications in the cloud, while maintaining the same outstanding quality of service.”