ZIM is one of the world’s largest shipping container companies with operations throughout the world and serving ports of call in over 120 countries worldwide. With 4,000 employees and over 250 agencies worldwide, its fleet is over 100 vessels strong and carries more than 350,000 containers each year. Over many years, ZIM has handled standard and special cargoes: from over-sized, perishable goods, hazardous material and elephants to ice cream as well as whole industrial plants to medicines.
The communications network plays a vital role in supporting the ZIM operations, and the company was looking to move away from having numerous arrangements with a mix of providers to a single relationship with one provider. The criteria for this provider covered immediate requirements in terms of ensuring that the network was fit for purpose and also being ready to take on board future requirements of the business.
Dudi Avni, CIO, ZIM Integrated Shipping, Services, Ltd
Increase network efficiency and capability while reducing operating costs.
- Orange global MPLS network
- Implementation of mission-critical sites with optimized routing and SLAs by site
- Access optimization and migration
- Non-standard solutions, including VMS
- Guaranteed continuation of service
The Orange global MPLS network has delivered significant benefits to ZIM and is supporting its business worldwide.
- Full support for mission-critical sites
- Improved round-trip delay and site availability
- Simple upgrade path
- Back-up solutions
- Unified communications and cloud services
- Increased service value
- Reduced management time through one global provider
- High resiliency for risk mitigation
- Network capability to fully support the business
- Optimized network with improved site availability
- Lower costs and reduced risks
- Network that fully supports the business
- Readiness for future developments
- Global service from single provider