Solvay is a leading international chemicals and advanced materials company with over 30,000 employees working in 145 sites and a presence in 53 countries worldwide. The company specializes is helping customers innovate, develop and deliver high-value products and solutions that consume less energy and reduce CO2 emissions.
Global communication is a vital part of the way Solvay works, and the company found that employees were using a mix of smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android) to assist them in their jobs. This created a need to ensure the secure control of corporate data and applications running over diverse mobile platforms through a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy and to also ensure cost control.
Philippe Panis, IS Infrastructure Services Director, Solvay
Simplify global device management and reduce costs.
- Orange Mobile Device Management for 7,500 mobile devices being used for both professional and personal purposes
- The Orange solution is based on the MobileIron platform and is hosted in the Orange Business Services cloud
- Policy Management Consultancy
- Project and Service Management
The Orange Mobile Device Management solution has enabled Solvay to enhance global collaboration and increase productivity.
- Greater internal collaboration, which aids knowledge transfer
- Easier application distribution to devices
- Secure access to data from any smartphone and any tablet
- Lower costs
- Simplified management of mobile devices
- Centralized control of functionality usage