Until now, companies had two ways to make or receive calls using Microsoft Teams Phone System (a virtual PBX hosted in the cloud). They could choose a Microsoft Calling Plan or Direct Routing offered through a Microsoft partner, like Orange Business Services.
For companies with simple telephony requirements, a Microsoft Calling Plan provides a phone number, or you could move your existing number to Microsoft. Then you choose a domestic only or domestic and international plan with a set number of minutes to use each month for inbound or outbound calls. The plans are available in 26 countries around the world.
However, multinational organizations with offices and employees around the world require more flexible and extensive solutions, often integrated with their call center, conference rooms, and other on-site applications (paging, alarm systems, etc.). Their global presence requires service in challenging places with regulatory restrictions, data privacy laws, etc. In this case, Orange offers Direct Routing as a service. We provide regional infrastructure to enable businesses to use Phone System in 80+ countries with our SIP voice service. We offer a customized service including SIP Trunking and fully managed end-to-end solution migration support, tenant management, user adoption, contact center integration and much more.
Orange Business Services has worked in close partnership with Microsoft to bring enterprises the best of both worlds: the simplicity of a calling plan with the robustness of a carrier class service. We are very excited to bring you Operator Connect.
Microsoft Operator Connect is a new managed service for bringing PSTN calling to Teams by Orange. Key benefits of Operator Connect:
- Full digital journey in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center for simple and quick deployment. Connect to Orange in minutes and assign phone numbers to your users
- Orange Business Talk local voice service available directly in Microsoft Teams – initially available in 25+ countries and territories around the world
- No equipment required on site, including SBC’s saving capital expense
- Replace multiple local telco contracts to consolidate voice services
- Carrier class support and reliability: Orange provides 24/7/365 technical support and shared service level agreements with Microsoft to deliver a high quality of service
- Voice connectivity flexibility suited to your requirements enabling a smooth transition from your existing telephony to Teams Phone System
- Central or local billing for Operator Connect service
With the addition of Operator Connect, this provides you the choice to address different needs within your environment. If you want to be 100% confident in understanding what’s the best calling solution for you then contact our experts today.
Ann Strachan is a Senior Product Manager at Orange Business Services, where she is responsible for Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions in the international domain.
Ann has over 19 years of international business and marketing communications experience in the IT industry. She is passionate about the power of collaboration and product and service innovation covering business, technology and user experience for the digital enterprise.