Orange Business Services is rated Very Strong in GlobalData Product Assessment Report - Global Industrial IoT Services
Date: 13 December 2021
Analyst: John Marcus
Orange Business Services understands that each IoT project is unique. However simple or complex, we are here to be your trusted partner to ensure you realize the positive business outcomes of your IoT project.
As a network-native digital services company, we are uniquely positioned as an IoT operator and IoT integrator.
- Let us start by connecting your objects, people, workplaces and processes with our Global IoT Connectivity portfolio and network operator expertise
- Next, as an integrator with 9,000+ digital experts, we and our partners are experts in every aspect of your IoT project, from the objects generating the data and the networks that transmit it, to data storage, data visualization, analytics and security
- IoT is a game changer, boosting efficiency, reducing costs, accelerating innovation and creating new business models to differentiate
According to this report, "Orange has built a complete end-to-end IoT value chain allowing customers to collect and ingest the data into cloud-based applications. The Orange IoT portfolio offers a comprehensive set of building blocks for IoT, including certified objects, global connectivity management, managed IoT platforms, advanced analytics, security, consulting and other professional services. Orange also offers industrialized products around Smart Tracking, Smart Operation and Smart Interactions. Orange’s three main verticals (connected cars and products, smart cities and buildings, and Industry 4.0) benefit from those business solutions. Orange is also pursuing a range of go-to-market models with third parties: embedded connectivity, co-selling offers and integration of third-party solutions."
According to GlobalData, Orange Business Services is:
Comprehensive portfolio: The Orange IoT portfolio offers a comprehensive set of building blocks for IoT, with global connectivity management, certified objects, managed IoT platforms, advanced analytics, consulting and professional services. Orange also offers industrialized products, such as Smart Tracking, Smart Operation and Smart Interactions, which support three market segments: connected cars and products, smart cities (and buildings), and Industry 4.0.
Technical resources: Orange has over 700 IoT experts, as well as 2,400 data experts and 1,700 digital experts. It also has 2,300 security experts in its Orange Cyberdefense organization and 2,400 cloud experts in its Orange Cloud for Business unit. The Orange Group has 8,000 people working in R&D, with about 10% of this resource dedicated to Orange Business Services.
Wide-ranging connectivity: Orange has a mobile network in 26 countries, global MPLS connectivity, 600+ roaming agreements, Wi-Fi, satellite (including a new IoT service for maritime), radio/mesh networks, and a LoRa network in France covering 95% of the population. It has both LTE-M and NB-IoT in Belgium, with LTE-M in five countries. It has been further extending its LTE-M deployments in Europe, U.S. and Japan and has launched 5G in six countries in Europe.
Co-Innovation strategy: The Orange strategy of joint innovation with key partners addresses growth markets and helps develop value-added sector solutions. Orange has opened nine 5G Labs in France, Belgium and Romania to foster innovation around 5G.
Strong foundation: The Orange IoT business has been combined with enterprise mobility to form Smart Mobility Services – keeping connectivity and digital transformation linked – and has grown to more than 24.3 million connections (in 35 countries). Connections are split into automotive/transport (50%), smart cities and territories (25%), industry/manufacturing (15%) and daily life/healthcare (10%).
Customer use cases
- De Jong DUKE chooses Orange Business Services to connect its coffee machines globally
- Orange IoT solution connects vending machines across the globe
- Safran Aircraft Engines has chosen the smart tracking IoT solution by Orange Business Services to accelerate the digital transformation of its industrial processes
- Orange and Nokia deploy the first Industry 4.0 4G/5G private network with network slicing in French factory
Learn more about GlobalData.