Business VPN Internet helps enterprises manage explosion of Internet traffic
Orange Business is extending its core Business VPN service with Business VPN Internet. It is designed to meet the growing demand from multinational corporations (MNCs) for high-performance, secure access to Internet-based cloud and Web services.
Business VPN Internet is a cornerstone of the Orange Business Hybrid Network strategy. It provides secure business-class Internet, which improves performance for the entire network by eliminating congestion risks on the IP VPN, reducing Internet access latency and prioritizing business-critical traffic.
improving Internet performance and security
To deliver Business VPN Internet, Orange Business has initially invested in 15 global Internet gateways on five continents. These distributed Internet gateways break traffic out closer to the user to eliminate the latency caused by the long physical distances between the user, the gateway and the destination web site.
Because Business VPN Internet is delivered as an extension of Business VPN, customers have a single provider for both IP VPN and Internet services, which reduces their management overhead. Business VPN Internet also ensures that Internet connectivity complies with the enterprise security policy, while delivering Internet costs benefits through smart pricing.
- worldwide access: gateways are currently available in London, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney, Tokyo, New York, Atlanta, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Johannesburg and Bahrain.
- global security policy: each gateway provides virtual firewall protection based on the customer’s security policy. Orange Business can also provide cloud-based security such as URL filtering to complement the service.
- geolocalization: provides geolocalization as standard, so that users in each country are able to access local Internet services.
- application prioritization: new Internet Class of Service (CoS) enables accurate application prioritization and supports traffic bursting between the Internet and IP VPN as required.
- pricing: competitively priced hybrid Internet/WAN ports can offer bandwidth cost savings of up to 30%. The solution is available with no additional capital expenditure for customers.
Global engineering professional services company Aurecon is an early adopter of the service. “We chose Business VPN Internet to enhance our global collaboration, security, productivity, customer service and lower our costs,” says Sean Elwick, head of IS, Aurecon. “It has helped improve our application performance worldwide for enhanced end-user experience and increased network visibility.”
hybrid network supports digital transformation
Business VPN Internet is part of the Orange Business Hybrid Network strategy, which is designed to help enterprises cope with the predicted tripling of global IP traffic between 2014 and 2018. To enable their digital transformation, enterprises need to accommodate the new ways of working allowed by both VPN and Internet. They need a network that can manage different kinds of traffic and prioritize them based on importance, location, device and user.
The Orange Business Hybrid Network combines the best features of the traditional IP VPN and the Internet. It is built upon three pillars: distributed Internet breakout, Internet offload which moves selected traffic from the enterprise IP VPN onto the Internet according to business rules, and cloud interconnection between the network and the cloud service provider. This is delivered along with application optimization on a secure global platform.
“By seamlessly integrating secure Internet and cloud services into our core network, we are able to support new ways of working and deliver the best possible end-user experience,” says Pierre-Louis Biaggi, head of the Network Solutions Business Unit, Orange Business. “Ultimately, Hybrid Networks as we conceive them at Orange Business, help drive the move toward digital transformation by supporting the new generation of Internet-based services.”
For additional information on Hybrid Networks, please visit: www.orange-business.com/en/network.