The unbelievable Machine Company (*um), an Orange Business Services company, is named a Leader in ISG Provider Lens™ Data Analytics Services & Solutions - Germany 2019/2020 for the fifth year in a row
Date: 10 September 2019
Analysts: Dr. Henning Dransfeld and Steffen Nolte
Optimizing data management is currently a major topic in companies. Above all, the increasing integration of data and business processes, for example in the engineering environment, requires new ways of data management and processing. Increasingly data-intensive services and transactions make data analysis a success-critical task and confront companies with new challenges. Coping with the flood of data requires scalable data-processing systems and pushes classic data warehousing to its limits. It is becoming clearer than ever that big data structures must be set up in the form of data lakes, such as those offered by The unbelievable Machine Company, an Orange Business Services company. These are the conclusions of the current ISG Provider Lens™ Data Analytics Services & Solutions - Germany 2019/2020 report.
ISG conducted a neutral and independent provider comparison by examining the market for data engineering services with 21 providers and five other market segments with a total of more than 50 German providers and ranked them in each of the quadrants with respect to their portfolio attractiveness and competitive strength.
In their global report, the ISG analysts explicitly recognized *um for its extensive data science and engineering services portfolio, high-profile customer references, expanded coverage from its acquisition by Orange Business Services, custom-made solutions across various sectors, and – thanks to an extensive partner network – vendor-neutral technology architecture.
Data Engineering Services
- Extensive service portfolio: The portfolio includes architecture, development and operation of data-lakes in order to store, process and roll out data for NoSQL technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra etc. For this purpose, the Data Science team works closely with engineers for the development of software solutions.
- Notable references: High-profile reference customers from DAX companies for the development and operation of data lakes, some of them globally, on the AWS and Azure platforms, among others.
- Extensive European coverage for global customers through its acquisition: As part of Orange Business Services, the company has a larger scope in Europe and access to cloud, AI and data experts.
Data Science Services
- Customers benefit from a very integrated Data Science portfolio: *um offers its customers tailor-made integrated solutions through seamless integration of its core services in “Big Data,” “Cloud” and “Security.” The seamless integration is greatly valued by the customers.
- Delivers tailor-made solutions for customers in all sectors: Develops nearly all possible algorithms and analytical models required to generate insights from data. It focuses on Industry 4.0 and IoT, where deep-learning technologies are used for predictive maintenance and anomaly detection.
- Relies on its extensive partner network for a vendor-neutral technology architecture: Partnered with all common technology providers, thereby enabling vendor-neutral consultation for meeting customer needs in the best possible manner.
"We are very proud to be recognized by ISG as Leader in ISG Provider Lens™ Data Analytics Services & Solutions - Germany 2019/2020 for the fifth year in a row.
"As underlined by Ravin Mehta, The unbelievable Machine Company (*um) CEO & General Manager, Cloud Activities, Germany at Orange Business Services, and acknowledged by large customers, this confirms our unique combination of know-how and expertise. The acquisition of Basefarm and its subsidiaries, including *um, has marked a major milestone in our international development. We have been recognized for our capacity to offer business-oriented, tailor-made solutions through seamless integration of our core services in big data, cloud and security. This unique positioning, along with a vendor-neutral consultative approach, is greatly valued by our MNC customers."
Deputy CEO and Chief Marketing Officer for Cloud activities at Orange Business Services
About ISG Provider Lens™ Research
The ISG Provider Lens™ Quadrant research series is the only service provider evaluation of its kind to combine empirical, data-driven research and market analysis with the real-world experience and observations of ISG's global advisory team. Enterprises will find a wealth of detailed data and market analysis to help guide their selection of appropriate sourcing partners, while ISG advisors use the reports to validate their own market knowledge and make recommendations to ISG's enterprise clients. The research currently covers providers offering their services globally, across Europe and Latin America, as well as in the U.S., Germany, the U.K., the Nordics and Brazil, with additional markets to be added in the future. Find out more about ISG Provider Lens research.