Orange Business is rated "Very Strong" in GlobalData "Product Assessment Report - Global WAN Services"
Date: 7 February 2019
Analyst: Joel Stradling
According to GlobalData, Orange Business is very strong in the global WAN segment. The provider offers compelling SD-WAN, backed by expertise and relations with 180 local ISPs in over 120 countries.
Vice President Connectivity Business Unit, Orange Business
"At Orange Business, we are very proud and honored to receive a ‘Very Strong’ rating in GlobalData’s Product Assessment Report - Global WAN Services. It rewards our consistent strategy and vision towards end-to-end orchestrated multi-cloud, multi-service and multi-access AI-driven networks, which automatically orchestrate networks based on predicted user demand and then improve security, user satisfaction and business continuity.
"By implementing our new flagship offering, Flexible SD-WAN, awarded Best Enterprise Service at the WCA in London November 2018, our numerous customers are now ready to meet their ever-increasing cloud, bandwidth, Internet and routing optimization demands effectively and securely, while improving application performance irrespective of whether it is delivered from the cloud or from the edge."
Very strong and above product class average in overall, network and portfolio
- Agility and flexibility: Orange Business has fully embraced open software-centric network transformation. It has consulting teams available to help customers transform their legacy connectivity to proven SD-WAN solutions. Flexible SD-WAN has been built using best-of-breed partners and technologies, leveraging the strong Orange experience and knowledge of market dynamics and vendors
- SD-WAN gateway expansion: Orange is investing in and expanding its global SD-WAN gateways. Progress here will allow it to offer more sophistication for SLAs that guarantee apps running on the Internet and services delivered from the platforms of the major cloud companies, such as AWS and Google
- Application-aware networking: Orange offers application-aware networking as part of the Orange hybrid VPN service, which includes virtualized cloud acceleration with Riverbed, dynamic app routing with Cisco and application visibility with InfoVista
Global buyer recommendations
- North America coverage through multiple local partners: Orange Business can offer robust domestic network connectivity in the U.S. based on its partnerships with multiple suppliers: AT&T, CenturyLink/Level3, Verizon, Zayo, Crown Castle Fiber/Lightower and GTT/Global Capacity. Based on these relationships, Orange can extend competitive pricing and broad choice in speeds for supporting local connectivity at the national level
- ServiceNow portal sophistication: Large enterprises should consider using the Orange Service Management Suite to integrate and control their system portal and dashboard sprawl. Using the ServiceNow platform, the offering can reduce complexity while integrating with existing internal IT service management systems
- VPN and collaboration: Clients should explore the Orange Business connectivity plus collaboration proposals, because in addition to proven global VPN credentials, the operators can deliver solid integrated Microsoft-centric Office365 services and Cisco HCS
Learn more about GlobalData.