Issues and challenges
The city of Nantes, in the West of France, wanted to address a need expressed by its residents: to have a single application that could simplify their everyday lives, especially when on the go. How many spaces are left in the car park? How long do I have to wait for my bus? Can I receive an alert if my swimming pool is temporarily closed? What is my child going to eat in the school cafeteria? The objective was clear: to provide information about local services, infrastructure, events, etc. – the life in my city.
Nantes dans ma poche (Nantes in my pocket) is our response to a need expressed by our residents. The application, based on the Orange Business Services platform, aggregates information related to the various services offered by the city and provides it to local residents. It provides real added value and has been a great success with over 100,000 downloads.
Walter Pinganaud, Digital Resources Department, Nantes Metropolis
Nantes Metropolis adopted the “Ma Ville dans Ma Poche” (my town in my pocket) application developed with Orange Business Services. This simple and flexible solution offers:
- An application based on Smart App Center technology, a data aggregation and application creation tool
- A turnkey solution that automatically collects data from many sources and transforms the information into user services
- A customizable table of contents that lets users choose the services that interest them
- Customizable application to provide the best user experience
Each user can install and customize the application to make it their own. They can choose from any of the 15 services that are currently available. These services were identified by local residents as those that would be most beneficial in their daily lives.
- Flexible solution to enable easy integration of new services
To continually adapt to user feedback, Nantes Metropolis and the Orange Business Services teams are working together to identify and integrate other innovative technologies and services as they emerge.
- Quick application availability
Based on Smart App Center technology by Orange Business Services, the application compiles data from the city and from other service providers, whatever the IT system or format of the data. This agility made it possible to launch the “Nantes dans ma poche” application in just one year.
- 15 services already available to app users
- Over 100,000 downloads in the first year
- Day-to-day convenience for residents and visitors