Omdia assesses the Orange Business edge strategy
Date: March 2022
Analyst: Andreas Olah
Why Orange is important to enterprises in edge services
This assessment describes how Orange Business has included edge across cloud, security, data intelligence and IoT solutions, where Orange can offer off-the-shelf services as well as bespoke solutions and co-innovation with clients and partners.
Increasingly, Orange leverages expanded consulting capabilities (both organic and acquisitions) to touch new and existing customers. There is an ability to engage through the entire cloud lifecycle of customers, from strategy and application modernization to managed services. Orange has a Center of Excellence (e.g., SAP, big data, AI) to drive transformational business outcomes with customers. With large enterprises, co-creation strategies are becoming more widespread.
- 3,000+ dedicated consulting professionals covering key industries
- Extensive network reach globally
- 70+ data centers across five continents
- Global partner ecosystem featuring major hyperscalers
- Deep integration capabilities and track record
- Edge-enabled innovation supported by co-creation with partners
- Managed services extending to the edge (e.g., security, workspace)
- Strong consulting capabilities and credentials
- Own network with 5ms latency at majority of global customer sites
- AI and analytics skills complement cloud and infrastructure expertise
"Edge computing creates new and improved ways for industrial and enterprise-level businesses to maximize operational efficiency, improve performance and safety, automate all core business processes, and ensure “always on” availability. It is an important, leading method to achieve the digital transformation of how organizations do business. Increasing computing power at the edge is the foundation needed to establish autonomous systems, enabling companies to increase efficiency and productivity. Orange Business has been steadily investing in an edge infrastructure that will support our customers in this journey, and it is great to see the result of these programs recognized in Omdia’s research."
Frank de Jong, Program Director Edge Computing, CTO Office
Omdia is a global research leader that helps organizations connect the dots across the technology ecosystem.
Recommended for you
- The factory of the future takes its first steps with 5G
- Orange Business selects Ekinops and Dell Technologies for uCPE platforms to accelerate Network Edge transformation
- Orange Vélodrome: the first 5G stadium in France
- Orange and Google Cloud to form strategic partnership in data, AI and edge computing services