Orange Business rated "Very Strong" in GlobalData Managed Hybrid Cloud Services Product Assessment Report
Date: 16 February 2021
Analyst: Amy Larsen DeCarlo
According to GlobalData, the Orange multicloud efforts are paying dividends in both services innovation and revenue growth, as we continue to expand and deepen our partner ecosystem and strengthen our enterprise appeal. GlobalData’s latest report on Managed Hybrid Cloud Services rated Orange Business as Very Strong worldwide and above product class average in all categories.
- Catalog depth: Through both acquisition and organic expansion, Orange Business has built out an extensive managed services portfolio that spans colocation to the cloud. The provider also offers a strong set of managed application services, which it has extended to include support for multicloud and cloud-native applications as well as SAP and SAP HANA
- Multicloud position: Orange Business has evolved its cloud strategy and expanded its partner roster to facilitate the effective management of hybrid and multicloud environments. Investments in areas including intelligent automation, AIOps, and professional development in support of third-party partner clouds are paying dividends as more organizations look for support managing workloads across disparate environments
- Cloud momentum: Orange is seeing tremendous growth in cloud, boasting more than 19% organic growth. Sources of revenue are much more geographically diverse, with more than half coming from outside of France, a big jump from prior years
- Offshore service provider: With the launch of offshore and maritime operations for ships in the seas and oceans, Orange has found a new prospect pool. The maritime IT services make Orange a more accessible global service provider through its secure "ship-in-a-box" private cloud and IoT services
“Orange’s multi-cloud efforts are paying dividends in both services innovation and revenue growth,” noted Amy Larsen DeCarlo, Principal Analyst at GlobalData.
“With an extensive managed services portfolio, investments in intelligent automation, AI Ops and Professional developments to facilitate effective management of hybrid and multicloud environments, and more than half of revenue coming from outside of France, Amy Larsen DeCarlo sees Orange Business continuing to expand and deepen its partner ecosystem and to strengthen its enterprise appeal.
“We are very honored to have GlobalData underline the significant efforts and investments we’ve made in developing our end-to-end multicloud capabilities to address a fast growing market. The trusted relationship we’ve established over the years with global customers now leads us to deliver more and more business value.”
Cédric Parent, Deputy CEO and Chief Marketing Officer for Cloud activities at Orange Business
GlobalData - Managed Hybrid Cloud Services Product Assessment Report - February 2021
Buyers are advised to consider Orange
- Digital transformation: Orange is well positioned to augment private cloud services with globally distributed public cloud services, supporting application migration and the switching of legacy systems to the cloud as well as managing the whole environment
- Integrated portfolio: Orange should be considered as an end-to-end provider; its portfolio brings depth in public, private and hybrid cloud services across multiple technology platforms
- France and Nordics leadership: Strength in local cloud data centers, networks and security resources makes Orange a potential top choice for enterprises with a France-centric and Nordics-centric (and potentially EU-centric) footprint
Customer use case
Learn more about GlobalData.