Internet of Things
Live Objects is a personalized Orange Business Services offer that enables you to easily connect your machines and objects to your information system.
- The Internet of Things has the power to transform the world of pharmaceuticals and hospitals. For manufacturers, IoT is driving leaner supply chain operations and ensuring quality and control of medical goods.
- The Internet of Things is allowing insurers to reinvent their businesses by offering services that improve customer satisfaction, generate new revenue streams and reduce costs related to damage reimbursement.
- The Internet of Things has the potential to transform the customer shopping experience and increase the average spending per customer, providing companies with higher advertising return on investment.
- The Internet of Things provides businesses with tools to monitor production and productivity during all stages of industrial and manufacturing processes. Improved machine performance, inventory management and operations are all ways these sectors can harness the value of the Internet of Things.
- In smart cities, IoT technology is exploited by local authorities looking for solutions to better manage resources and improve the well-being of populations. Energy providers are using IoT-based systems to optimize production and distribution of energy flows.
- The Internet of Things will create widespread effects in transportation. Passengers can benefit from improved quality of service, and businesses can reduce costs and generate new revenue streams thanks to enhanced operational effectiveness and new business models.
Why choose Orange?
1. End-to-end support
Orange Business Services systematically takes the entire lifecycle of your business into consideration and guides you in designing customized, end-to-end solutions that not only meet today’s needs but take your future needs into account as well.
Because M2M solutions are industry-specific, we approach every engagement with an open mind. Our tailored solutions accommodate different technologies and system architectures, and we partner with different industry players as needed. We have customer references in a wide variety of sectors, including manufacturing, transportation, retail, health and smart cities.
2. A complete ecosystem for support in connected objects and data analytics
Created in 2014, Datavenue is a program designed to enrich the scope of possibilities of the Internet of Things by providing expertise in data analytics. Our objective is to create an ecosystem of partners, innovative start-ups and companies wishing to reflect on the potential surrounding their data. With Datavenue, we combine the best of cloud, data analytics and IoT technologies to offer businesses a complete set of solutions and services around data and one of its main contributors: connected objects.
3. Worldwide network coverage
We have unmatched network coverage and quality in 220 countries and territories with local support in 166 countries and more than 500 roaming agreements, and we also own mobile networks in 32 countries.
As a global integrator and operator, Orange brings its clients more than 100 years of communications experience:
- 6.2 million active SIM cards and 1.8 million connected objects using non-cellular technologies (as of July 2015)
- 105,000 vehicles managed (as of 2015)
- 2,500 dedicated integration system and applications experts