- Solvay is a leading international chemicals and advanced materials company with over 30,000 staff worldwide
- Increasing employee use of smartphones and tablets created a challenge to ensure the secure movement of corporate data and applications running over diverse mobile platforms
- The solution is Orange Mobile Device Management for 7,500 mobile devices hosted in the Orange Business Services cloud
- Solvay now has the capability to facilitate global collaboration and knowledge transfer by allowing employees to use a wide range of mobile devices within a managed policy that is helping to control and lower costs
"We became aware that we did not really have a bring-your-own-device strategy, nor sufficient control over our mobile devices. Orange Business Services presented a solution that met our security policy and operational management needs."
Issues and challenges
Solvay is a leading international chemicals and advanced materials company with over 30,000 employees working in 145 sites and a presence in 53 countries worldwide. The company specializes is assisting customers to innovate, develop and deliver high-value products and solutions that consume less energy and reduce CO2 emissions.
Global communication is a vital part of the way Solvay works, and the company found that employees were using a mix of smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android) to assist them in their jobs. This created a need to ensure the secure control of corporate data and applications running over diverse mobile platforms through a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy and to also ensure cost control.
Simplify global device management and reduce costs.
The Orange Business Services solution
- Orange Mobile Device Management for 7,500 mobile devices being used for both professional and personal purposes
- The Orange solution is based on the MobileIron platform and is hosted in the Orange Business Services cloud
- Policy Management Consultancy
- Project and Service Management
The Orange Mobile Device Management solution has enabled Solvay to enhance global collaboration and increase productivity.
- Greater internal collaboration, which aids knowledge transfer
- Secure access to data from any smartphone and any tablet
- Easier application distribution to devices