Saudi Arabian Airlines
- Saudi Arabian Airlines is part of the SkyTeam Alliance, reaching more than 1,000 destinations worldwide
- a top priority was implementing its new transformation strategy: rebrand, restructure operations and enhance customer services
- Saudia also wanted to reduce costs while increasing flexibility and supporting new applications
- an integrated Orange and SITA IP infrastructure and best-in-class contact center with single sourcing and connectivity optimization provides global consistency, reliability and increased flexibility
- benefits include enhanced passenger experience, simplified management and lower costs, along with a platform for unified communications, cloud, voice and data, and mobility solutions
“Orange was the only company that could handle projects of this size, not only with limited risks and high chances of success, but also provide a portfolio of innovative solutions and services that will enable us to better meet our future business goals and privatization plans.”
issues and challenges
Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) operates from its home office in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It is a rapidly growing company that took a major step forward in May 2012 by joining the SkyTeam Alliance – 19 airlines that have the capability to reach more than 1,000 destinations in 187 countries worldwide.
Saudia is building a best-in-class infrastructure to support its ambition to enable its employees to deliver an enhanced passenger experience. A major transformation strategy and program was launched that included a rebrand and restructuring of operations in order to reduce costs and increase the scalability and flexibility of its infrastructure.
Key aspects of the plan are increasing the capability to easily integrate new countries and destinations and enhancing customer service. This includes supporting new software applications to improve the passenger reservation, flight operation, supply and maintenance and repair processes.
- Customer experience
- Welcome to planet local
enhance customer experience, cut costs and support business transformation
the Orange Business Services solution
- integrated Orange and SITA IP infrastructure (voice and data)
- IP telephony
- best-in-class contact center
- cost effectiveness program – single sourcing and connectivity optimization
- program and partner management – SITA, Avaya
The integrated Orange and SITA solution has helped Saudi Arabian Airlines to drive forward a major transformation strategy and program, delivering significant benefits to the business.
- enhanced passenger experience
- better internal communications
- reduced operating costs
- simplified management
- scalability to meet growing demand
- ability to integrate new countries and destinations
- consistent, global, reliable voice and data infrastructure
- platform for UC, cloud and mobility solutions