- Orange will provide customers with an end-to-end managed global public cloud platform, which can be further enhanced by a comprehensive suite of managed application services and cloud professional services
- When used in a hybrid cloud model (integrated private and public cloud), customers will benefit from optimal choices and configurations with a best-of-cloud infrastructure
- It is targeted at Asian and European enterprises looking to expand their business across both regions with secure scalable cloud services
Orange Business Services is launching today its suite of global public cloud services in Asia Pacific. This consists of three pillars: the Flexible Engine public cloud platform (IaaS/PaaS platform jointly developed in partnership with Huawei), professional services to assist customers in their migration, and managed services to operate customer applications and legacy systems. The suite will enable enterprises to digitally transform their business operations and support Asian businesses in their expansion plans across China, Southeast Asia and Europe. It also supports European companies with their business development across Southeast Asia and China. Already available in Europe, the services will continue to be rolled out in the US in 2017 and in the Middle East and Africa in 2018.
Along with global network reach, data security and ITIL-based service management, Orange can now provide a true end-to-end multi-cloud, flexible IT-enabled infrastructure to its customers. The enhanced suite of public cloud services will facilitate enterprise digital transformation goals through five key ways:
- Simplicity and flexibility: helps businesses deploy and optimize cloud applications and meet the compliance, governance and regulatory requirements of different markets. Easy cloud management is achieved through a unified cloud console and a global Orange service governance and service management framework. It also provides customers with best-of-cloud choices when used in a hybrid approach linking private and public cloud solutions.
- Security: leverages the robust global managed network, data center infrastructure and security services from Orange. Orange Cyberdefense, a dedicated Orange Business Services unit established in 2015, and its experts proactively manage and help organizations to secure their IT infrastructure and implement their cyberdefense strategy.
- Reach and scalability: spans across different geographical regions of the world, enabling users to deploy workloads globally, and optimize reach without compromising performance.
- Cost savings: In addition to the cost savings from a pay-as-you-go model of the cloud, Orange professional services and managed application services help businesses design the appropriate cloud architecture to optimize performance. This will lead to additional cost savings through optimized cloud resource utilization.
- Expertise: draws on the Orange Business Services strength and expertise in global network, security and collaboration services.
“Businesses around the globe recognize that it is imperative for them to digitally transform in order to remain competitive. Cloud adoption continues to be one of their top technology focus for 2017 as they seek to digitally transform their infrastructure. However, this has become a significant challenge due to infrastructure constraints, security concerns and limits in scalability especially for multinational enterprises. The launch of our new suite of global public cloud services demonstrates our commitment to support enterprises’ digital transformation pursuits in Asia Pacific and beyond, and by using it in a hybrid cloud environment, and will offer them a finely tuned infrastructure combining the best of both public and private cloud models,” said Helmut Reisinger, executive vice president for International Business, Orange Business Services.