- Datavenue: a modular offer to help businesses develop innovative IoT-based services
- Orange recognized by Gartner in the Leaders Quadrant for Managed Machine-to-Machine Services Worldwide
Orange Business Services has announced the worldwide launch of Datavenue, its innovative internet of things (IoT) and data analytics modular offer.
Datavenue will help multinational and large national corporations seize the endless opportunities offered by the IoT revolution. Already 56 percent of decision makers consider IoT as strategic. Use cases include improving safety and user experience within smart cities by connecting street lights or parking meters, as well as improving quality of life by connecting medical devices to monitor a person’s health remotely.
With Datavenue, Orange Business Services gathers its long-standing expertise supported by 700 IoT and analytics experts worldwide, as well as data scientists, developers, consultants, statisticians and IoT security experts. Datavenue includes four modules:
- Select relevant objects and sources of data. Orange offers a full range of certified and tested connected objects, such as sensors, cameras or modules to connect existing assets. Datavenue has a catalog of data that includes population movement analytics using anonymized data from mobile networks.
- Connect objects reliably with the most suitable and secured networks. A truck travelling cross borders or an agricultural sensor in a field would require different networks. To adapt to the wide diversity of needs, Orange provides a broad range of connectivity options. These include future-proof global cellular networks and innovative capabilities, such as eUiCC, worldwide fixed and satellite networks, as well as low-power solutions, such as LoRaTM.
- Manage data to improve efficiencies and create enhanced services. For example, a construction company can monitor cranes worldwide to prevent problems and reduce maintenance costs. Managing data in real-time enables technicians to solve issues remotely or to arrive on site with the right material, thereby reducing service interruptions. Orange offers both cloud-based and on-premises software solutions, encompassing remote device management, processing and visualization.
- Control key elements of enterprise transformation projects. Orange experts ensure end-to-end security and data protection, integration with information systems and service scalability. Throughout the entire project and beyond, customers can rely on Orange to ensure the solutions are future-proof and adapted to market evolutions.
“We have developed extensive vertical expertise around IoT and data analytics in several sectors, including automotive, industry, smart cities, healthcare and smart homes. Our solutions have already improved performance and employee safety through industrial machinery monitoring, enhanced patient care with remote assistance, and enriched citizen well-being with smart city services. This is now all being brought together to support the international launch of Orange Datavenue,” says Olivier Ondet, IoT and analytics vice president, Orange Business Services.
Datavenue was first launched in France in 2015. Orange today operates more than 10 million active B2B objects and processes 65 million items of technical data per minute – all fully compliant with data protection regulations.
Orange has recently been positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Gartner October 2016 Magic Quadrant for Managed M2M Services. Gartner evaluated 17 global M2M providers on their ability to execute and completeness of vision using 15 criteria. In this year’s Magic Quadrant, Orange improved its position from a Visionary to a Leader. According to Gartner: “Leaders invest in the future of IoT that includes a continuum of value from IoT edge devices to IoT platforms and related analytics. Leaders perform skillfully and often exceed expectations. Leaders have a clear vision of the market's direction and develop competencies to maintain their leadership. Leaders engage customers and provide value across multiple geographies. They shape the market, rather than follow it, and they often set the benchmark for market growth.” The full report is available to download at no charge here.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 IDC: Global IoT Decision Maker Survey, 2016
 Gartner: Magic Quadrant for Managed M2M Services, Worldwide. October 17, 2016