- KONE, one of the global leaders in the elevator and escalator industry, wanted to upgrade its contact center application, which enables the management of critical elevator incidents, and to track operation information, service records and technical data with a specific focus on integrating multimedia services and enhancing their customers’ experience
- KONE now has a more efficient customer support organization with faster turn-around times for product information, quotes, invoices and requests – leading to increased customer satisfaction
- We delivered two solutions for 25 sites in 22 countries: Orange Managed Contact Center for larger sites with email, voice and alarms incorporated into KONE’s remote monitoring platform and, for smaller sites, an Orange cloud-based Flexible Contact Center integrated into KONE’s Salesforce CRM
“Providing an outstanding customer experience to our customers is one of our strategic cornerstones. Orange Business Services has been instrumental in helping KONE with our digital transformation, upgrading our contact center solutions to the next generation with plans to add multimedia and SIP services in the future.”
issues and challenges
KONE is a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry with just over 47,000 employees. Its objective is to offer the best People Flow™ experience by developing and delivering solutions that enable people to move smoothly, safely, comfortably and without waiting.
KONE maintains over 1M elevators and escalators in close to 60 countries. In KONE customer care centers, a contact center application is used to manage critical elevator incidents and track operation information, service records and technical data. A need to upgrade these capabilities was identified, specifically to integrate multimedia channels and enhance the customer experience.
- Cloud computing
Improve customer service support for critical elevator incidents
The Orange Business Services solution
- Two solutions for 25 sites in 22 countries
- Multi-channel Managed Contact Center service based on Avaya EMC technology, enabling email, voice and alarms for large sites in Europe, the Middle East and North America, with integration into KONE’s remote monitoring platform
- Cloud-based Flexible Contact Center solution for small sites with integration into KONE’s Salesforce CRM
- Consultancy services and customized service management
- Program and partner management – Avaya
The Orange solutions are enabling KONE to further enhance service to its installed customer base and support new business development programs.
- Shorter turn-around times
- Focus on production information, quotes and invoices
- Enabler for multi-channel service tailored by customer need worldwide
- More efficient sales engagement
- Simplified operations
- Better support at global and local levels