Based in Montpellier, France, Groupe Union-Matériaux is a leading independent specialist in the distribution of building materials. The company’s 470 employees operate from 35 offices across Southeast France with 2012 turnover of €138M.
A business with strong family values, a number of acquisitions have seen the company grow significantly in recent years. However, it was identified that working practices across the 150 strong sales team were not delivering the high-quality customer service required to support the company’s brand image. In addition, the traditional printed catalogs were expensive to produce, and the paper-based product identification-to-order process was no longer fit for purpose.
Jérôme Deschamps, IT Director, Groupe Union-Matériaux
Develop an innovative, technology-based solution to deliver enhanced customer service, increase sales productivity and reduce costs.
- Mobile workspace tablet (iPad) application, with 3G connectivity, developed by Orange IT&Labs
- Access to CRM and ERP databases from mobile devices
- Mobile device management
- Cloud capability
- Project management
To meet the specific objectives of Groupe Union-Matériaux, Orange developed an application tailor-made for its business model and sales processes.
- Cloud technology which supports the brand
- Tailor-made solution based on sales’ working practices
- Faster response to customer needs
- Increased flexibility and efficiency
- Accelerated ordering process
- Better stock management
- Sales force feedback to aid design refinements
- Support of environmental commitments
- Faster response to customer orders
- Reduced paper usage and costs
- Stronger brand image