Guoman Hotels Group leases or manages 36 hotels in the UK under two brand names. Thistle Hotels has 31 upmarket but informal hotels in the UK. Guoman is an exclusive collection of five deluxe 5-star hotels in central London, each with its own unique character. The group has a commitment to and reputation for customer services of the highest standards and was the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2011–2012.
In addition, it has a policy of continuous improvement and was looking to utilize technology more effectively to support its staff and customers while reducing operating costs. The Group needed to improve the performance of “OPERA,” its specialist property, room management, catering and reservations application, as well as other IT resources. Specific focus was needed on security and business continuity – especially important during the year of the Olympics in London, when the Group wanted to maximize revenue and ensure that it maintained excellent customer service.
The Group was looking for an extensive range of IT services across its business and wanted to extend its use of outsourcing through an expert service provider, leaving its staff to concentrate on what they do best – running luxury hotels.
Dipesh Joshi, IT Director Guoman and Thistle Hotel Group
Cut TCO by 20% while ensuring that the group is customer-service ready for the summer 2012 events.
- Renewal of IT infrastructure and applications outsourcing contract
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Hosted and managed applications, web sites and messaging with SLAs
- Exchange services, firewall, VPN access, Internet access, security
- Fully redundant DR solution
The range of services under the outsourcing contract tailored to the specific needs of the Guoman Hotels Group and Thistle has contributed significantly to improvements in customer services across all 36 hotels.
- Improved customer service, supporting brand propositions
- Faster access to OPERA – a dedicated hotel management application
- Technology upgrades, increasing staff performance
- Simplified billing and management
- Improved application performance
- Better security and business continuity
- Focus on being customer-service ready
- Alignment of IT with business requirements
- 20% TCO reduction
- Better staff performance
- Increased billing accuracy
- Greater security and business resiliency
- Readiness for 2012 Olympic Games