flaik is a U.S. company that is revolutionizing outdoor sports with real-time location-based solutions for skiing, cycling and mountain biking. Its proprietary ski school and extensive event management platform was launched in 2008, and since then, it has tracked and supplied personal performance data to 1M+ skiers.
The company was looking to expand internationally. However, its legacy network provider was unable to deliver a secure wireless service outside North America. This was a major barrier to growth as the need for a reliable network capability underpins flaik’s innovative, easy-to-use customer service proposition.
Steve Kenny, CEO, flaik
Ensure a secure, reliable, wireless service worldwide and open up new markets.
- Orange M2M platform for seamless wireless connectivity worldwide and support of flaik’s tracking system – USA, Canada, Australia and six European countries
- Flexible Orange SIM card, which sends data via the Orange network to the flaik website, held in GPS leg bands/flaik Tags strapped above the skier’s boot
- Orange international M2M center for managing local SIM card deployment
- Solution design and development
The Orange M2M solution has enabled flaik to take its revolutionary solutions for skiing, cycling and mountain biking worldwide.
- Real-time location and performance monitoring of each skier
- Simple, easy-to-wear flaik Tags
- Real-time data transfer to ski instructors and patrol teams to track students and lost skiers
- Easy access to web-portal for personal information
- Increased skier confidence
- Maps, charts of areas skied, time on each run, level of difficulty
- Scalable solution to meet growing demand
- Platform for global multi-sport and multi-country growth
- Enhanced performance levels
- Increased personal safety
- Improved data security
- Simplified management via single point of contact
- Global scalable platform