BNP Paribas Fortis is the largest bank in Belgium with around 16,000 employees and almost 1,000 branches around the country. It is a leader in private, commercial and corporate banking and supports customers by having access to a unique pan-European network run by its parent company, BNP Paribas.
As part of the integration process, BNP Paribas Fortis adopted a multichannel model that had been successfully deployed in France by Orange Business Services. The multi-channel “Optima” concept uses branch call optimization and branch call routing to integrate call center and branch activity to deliver enhanced customer service.
A full RFP process was initiated, and Orange Business Services was selected by BNP Paribas Fortis for our combination of expertise and experience as the integrator who delivered the solution in France and our capability and resource to meet the short timescales involved.
Peter Hoefman, IT Division Manager, Local Distribution Channels & CRM, BNP Paribas Fortis
Source a specialist integrator to deploy a complex branch call optimization and routing solution to help improve customer service.
- Voice over IP in 1,000 branches with 15,000 phone devices
- Inbound calls directed to IVR and call center advisors first
- Multi-channel CRM for business call optimization and routing
- Internal communication and change management program in line with migration to new equipment across the branch network
- Project and partner management – Alcatel-Lucent
With our vast experience, we were able to successfully deploy this solution and enable BNP Paribas Fortis to transform and enhance the way it delivers customer service.
- Choice of contact methods based on customers’ needs
- Integration of voice over IP with contact center services and branch networks
- Administrative questions handled by call centers
- Branch agents’ focus on client relationship building and sales
- Contact center availability increased to 83 hours/week
- Call capacity doubled to 12,000 calls/day
- Rapid take-up of new equipment and working practices
- Training program aligned with branch roll-out deployment
- On-time deployment
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Better optimization of branch agents
- Reduced costs
- Increased sales