Tech powering growth in the Middle East
The Middle East is evolving and liberalizing its approach to telecoms services such as VoIP. GCC countries continue to drive technology forward, and major world-stage events such as Expo 2020, FIFA World Cup 2022 and Formula 1 ensure continued investments in the region’s network infrastructure and communications backbone.
However, the fact remains that it is not always easy to do business here. Cultural, geographical and regulatory issues are important factors in running a business smoothly.
As a trusted partner to many businesses and governments in the Middle East for more than 20 years, we recognize that the region defies a generalized strategy. We are developing our presence, investments, partnerships and initiatives in terms of network and at the same time very local requirements.
local talent, cutting edge solutions
Not only do we have more than 2,000 people across the wider MEA region, we also offer significant capabilities in Jordan, Lebanon, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Our focus is two-fold: helping multinationals with their expansion plans as they take advantage of dynamic growth opportunities in the region, and also working with investors and governments in fast-track development areas such as smart cities.
- major investments: including the launch of two new entities in Qatar and Saudi Arabia
- joint opportunities: for example M2O City in conjunction with Veolia Water specialized in water meter and remote environmental data reading services
- systems integration: progress and innovation via major ICT projects in Saudi Arabia with our partner Saudi Business Machines
mega infrastructure developments
- Lebanon – Solidere Beirut new downtown: collaborating with Solidere to design, build and operate ICT services of the new downtown Beirut, spread over 191 hectares
- Qatar – high-end development: working with a leading real estate developer to design and build the ICT infrastructure of its prestigious 400 hectare man-made island located in Doha
- Saudi Arabia Financial District – supporting the investment company to design the ICT infrastructure of its future financial district located in Riyadh
straightforward business sense
Our skilled sales and professional services teams are a sound resource when it comes to addressing commercial challenges in areas such as compliance where it’s easy for an enterprise to come unstuck. We can also support you via our Major Service Center in Cairo, where 1,400 employees provide 24/7 assistance to our multinational customers in 15 languages, and via our own local field services to ensure the quality of your service delivery and minimize any downtime issues.
On the network side, we own and operate the leading international network that delivers the best quality of service, using a fully resilient network design in most geographies. And we continue to extend our in-country coverage via domestic partnerships (including Etisalat, Batelco and Telekom SA), using Ethernet as a preferred aggregation technology to deliver a transparent service with the best end-to-end quality of service at the best price.
- broad solution portfolio including networks, UCaaS and video, contact centers, data center solutions, security
- increased backbone capacity via new investments and upgrades to the LION, IMEWE and ACE cable routes and SEACOM cable landings
- Major Service Center in Cairo, regional sales offices in Dubai, Riyadh, Doha, Beirut, Cairo, Istanbul, Casablanca and Dakar
- Orange Labs R&D facilities in Cairo and Amman and a Technocentre team dedicated to emerging markets in Amman