- Primagaz is a major energy distributor for individuals, businesses and local authorities in France
- With a requirement to provide 24x7 service, it needed to improve its network performance, up-time and security, while enhancing internal communications and collaboration
- Primagaz wanted a SPoC to manage all of its outsourced infrastructure services
- We implemented fully-managed infrastructure outsourcing using Business VPN with very high speeds, Business Together as a Service using the Orange cloud and security and hosting at Orange data centers
- Faster service speeds have led to increased satisfaction for Primagaz customers as well as an enhanced end-user experience with almost instant access to data, improving collaboration
- Security has been improved, up-time is 99.99% and management has been simplified for Primagaz
Orange Business Services met all of our specifications. Much of our data is now hosted in a data center located in France, which meets the strictest current standards. The availability rate is nearly perfect at 99.99%.
Issues and challenges
Primagaz is a major energy distributor for individuals, businesses and local authorities across France, focused on the 27,000 municipalities that are not connected to the natural gas network. From its HQ in Paris, it has 750 employees operating from 21 sites who service 2M customers.
Primagaz has a very strong commitment to public safety and customer service. It operates in the highly regulated energy delivery market and takes pride in ensuring that it meets the very highest standards, so that gas delivery is reliable and secure throughout the year, especially in the very busy winter period.
Internal communications and collaboration are key to customer service, and Primagaz recognized that its legacy technology and service structure was not capable of supporting its growth. A step change was needed in its telecommunications infrastructure, so Primagaz sought out a partner to deliver improved network performance, up-time and security with simplified management.
- Cloud computing
- Unified communications
Increase network performance and enhance employee experience and customer service
The Orange Business Services solution
- Fully-managed outsourced infrastructure using Business VPN with very high speeds
- Business Together as a Service using the Orange cloud
- Security and hosting at Orange data centers
- Delivery against the strictest applicable standards with no disruption to users during the migration
- Project Management
Orange has enabled Primagaz to outsource its telecom infrastructure and focus internal resources on key strategic priorities.
Enhanced customer service
- Faster service speeds have increased customer satisfaction
- Improved employee collaboration aids rapid knowledge transfer
- SPoC simplifies management via a single global provider
- Platform supports future growth
Improved end-user experience
- Faster speeds also provide almost instant access to data
- Network has high availability and security