For its new Innovation, Research and Development campus near Paris, Orange wanted its 3,000 employees to benefit from all of the advantages that digital tools provide. To achieve this, the company brought together various divisions within a short time frame (human resources, real estate, IT, communications, etc.), each with its own requirements in terms of services and security.
"More than just a development project, the Orange Gardens campus is a massive transformation focusing on the Orange people and their living and working experience.”
Improve internal and external collaboration with innovative, flexible and secure digital services. Make our employees’ lives easier and develop their well-being at work.
The Orange Business Services Solution
Together, the teams began by analyzing the needs and habits of the various users: office-based employees, mobile workers, visitors, etc. This enabled the teams to design services focused on enhancing the user experience:
- A multipurpose card, providing access to the Orange Gardens campus, lunch facilities, coffee machines, photocopiers, etc.
- A mobile app with various functionalities, including a GPS and map of the campus, meeting room reservations, news, transportation information, etc.
- A single number on which all employees can be contacted via their computers or smartphones
New services every week
With new services added periodically, the mobile app was designed to adapt to employees’ needs and expectations. Using their smartphones, employees can pay for lunch or coffee, clock in as they arrive, report an incident, book a meeting room, check public transport timetables, etc.
Innovative work environments
The Orange Gardens campus offers several facilities designed to accommodate special functions: a showroom for Orange expertise, a data studio to train employees in data marketing and a do-it-yourself workshop area. All of these facilities benefit from high-performance and ultra-secure Wi-Fi.
With more than 92% of employees satisfied with their new work environment within the first week, the new Orange Gardens campus and its digital services have been a huge success among employees.
- Collaborative workspace
About the customer
- A new Innovation, Marketing and Technology (IMT) head office, covering more than 72,000 m²
- 3,000 employees from seven locations around the greater Paris area
- €726 million invested in R&D in 2015