Lorentzen & Stemoco
- leading global provider of shipbroking and consultancy services
- headquarters in Oslo, Norway; over 100 consultants; offices in eight major cities worldwide
- global player in a dynamic
industry means information
and personal contacts are
- chose Orange Business Talk IP access with IP VPN upgrade for voice
- supports competitive position, enhances voice quality and lowers mobile costs
- Microsoft Unified Communications to place phone calls from remote PCs
Working with Orange is a pleasure, they understand global infrastructures, time zones and 24x7 customer service. Their pricing for SIP trunking is very competitive, and the voice quality is excellent. Orange is helping us to compete effectively in a very fast moving and dynamic market.
issues and challenges
Lorentzen & Stemoco is a leading provider of shipbroking and consulting services. Its 100 employees manage a global operation that works with ship owners and companies that require bulk transportation around the world.
The company operates in an unregulated and dynamic market where information is valuable and personal relationships are business critical. Being out of contact is not an option; the brokers operate on a 24x7 basis and will use the best communication tools they can, despite cost implications.
With a legacy phone system delivering poor voice quality out of Singapore, employees were using mobile-to-mobile, globally. With the majority of calls being internal, the company identified that first, it needed a replacement solution and second, and more importantly, it was not utilizing modern communication and collaboration tools to help maintain its ability to react and its competitive position.
The decision was made to use Microsoft OCS as just a phone system initially, but knowing that it would provide a strategic platform for collaboration tools such as IM and presence. However, when local providers proved unable to grasp the worldwide nature of its business, the company needed to find a global partner.
- Welcome to planet local
enhance voice quality and support global communication
the Orange Business Services solution
- Business Talk IP access (SIP trunking) – fully managed VoIP for Microsoft telephony
- IP VPN upgrade for voice
- start point in Singapore, which has no PBX; short-term rollout to London, Oslo and Shanghai
- service management
- program management
Utilizing Business Talk with SIP trunking has delivered significant business benefits to the company and created a platform for the future use of collaboration technology.
simple, cost-efficient solution
- simple, standard technology
- global solution with high voice quality
- Singapore delivered on budget and
on time (~3 weeks)
- one contract, one provider
- consistent processes worldwide
- ready for unified communications tools
- full utilization of technology to support the business
significant cost savings
- no capital investment: consolidated telephony infrastructure with no on-site PBX in Singapore office
- reduced TCO and rapid ROI