- There was an urgent need to streamline communications by moving to a unified strategy and solution, reduce costs and enhance service to end users
- Orange established a managed Unified Communications service in 40 countries on Microsoft Lync 2013 that includes IM, presence, web, video and audio conferencing across a mix of desktops and mobile devices
- Mobile workers now enjoy the same high-quality UC experience on any device at any location, and the unified workspace enables easy collaboration between employees, partners and customers – all with lower costs and improved security
"To ensure the success of this major initiative, we selected Orange because of their expertise and knowledge about the existing environment to create a long-term strategy and associated roadmap. Their global capabilities support our geographical footprint, and they have the ability to deliver end-to-end services, from transformation to operation, including management of all underlying service blocks."
Issues and challenges
JTI is a leading international tobacco manufacturer with about 26,000 employees operating in over 120 countries worldwide. The company has nine global flagship brands: Winston, Mevius, Camel, Benson & Hedges, Silk Cut, Sobranie, Glamour, LD and Natural American Spirit.
In such a large, highly-distributed organization, international collaboration is a major challenge. JTI had identified that communication was suffering due to legacy technology silos and a historic fragmented approach to collaboration tools. There was an urgent need to streamline operations by moving to a unified strategy and solution and, in the process, reduce costs and enhance the service to end users.
- Collaborative workspace
- Unified communications
Improve global communication capabilities to increase collaboration among employees, partners and customers and lower operating costs
The Orange Business Services solution
- Orange managed Unified Communications service in 40 countries on Microsoft Lync 2013 hosted in Orange data centers and migration to Skype for Business
- 20,000 users: IM, presence, Web Conference
- 12,000 users: Lync Enterprise Voice, desktop video services and videoconferencing
- 3,000 users: Lync-enabled mobile devices, tablets and smartphones
- Dedicated Lync audio conferencing service, including Call Collect network in 51 countries
- Orange Managed Contact Center solution based on Genesys technology
The Orange Unified Communications solution has enabled JTI to increase global collaboration.
- Mobile workers enjoy the same high-quality UC experience on any device at any location
- Unified workspace enables easy collaboration between employees, partners and customers
- Unified communications supports better and faster decision making